Best portable headphones for music and gaming?
Oct 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

00Dan

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. New here, was looking for a new pair of headphones and was directed here so was lurking the past couple days. Anyway, I am in need of some new headphones that are portable, can be driven by an iphone 3gs, ipad 3, as well as used on my pc for gaming. I mostly listen to classic rock, some metal, and a little bit of everything else, minus rap/hip hop. Having phones that are good with all genres is a plus. I do intend to bring them out and use them in public (school, etc) so isolation in the form of not letting sound out is important, I don't care about letting outside sound in. Lastly, I hope to keep them under $200, closer to around 150 or so used. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 3
Sony MDR-V6, $65
Also get the Beyerdynamic EDT200/250 V Velour ear pads ($23), makes the MDR-V6 very comfortable.
If you do not have a sound card in your PC, get the Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.
Comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier and Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound

A refurb Creative X-Fi Titanium (non-HD) $45, is a good gaming card.
CMSS-3D headphone surround sound, but not headphone amp.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102043

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Sony MDR-V6, $65
Also get the Beyerdynamic EDT200/250 V Velour ear pads ($23), makes the MDR-V6 very comfortable.

I totally agree with that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back