Best upgrade point from X-Fi Titanium HD -> Fiio E9 -> DT880 600ohm
Dec 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

starlight6

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I currently use my headphones for music, tv/movies and gaming so I need a good all round setup. I current have the setup listed in the title but am thinking of upgrading.

My understanding is that the DAC in the Titanium HD is very good and so probably the weakest link is the Fiio E9. I only want to upgrade if I can clearly notice the difference, so I guess I have a couple of questions.

1) Is the Fiio E9 likely to be the weakest link? Or would you upgrade a different component first?

2) Would the Schiit Asgard or O2 be noticable upgrades? I am also considering getting some AKG Q701s so I would want it to be well suited to those too.

Thanks for your help!

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I currently use my headphones for music, tv/movies and gaming so I need a good all round setup. I current have the setup listed in the title but am thinking of upgrading.
My understanding is that the DAC in the Titanium HD is very good and so probably the weakest link is the Fiio E9. I only want to upgrade if I can clearly notice the difference, so I guess I have a couple of questions.
1) Is the Fiio E9 likely to be the weakest link? Or would you upgrade a different component first?
2) Would the Schiit Asgard or O2 be noticable upgrades? I am also considering getting some AKG Q701s so I would want it to be well suited to those too.

Personally, I would just stay with what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back