Best value for durability, comfort, sound quality, cost in that order?
Mar 18, 2013 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Lateness

New Head-Fier
I'm wondering what your opinions are on iems. I had a pair of mono price iem but they weren't at all comfortable, although they were good at everything else. I like the brainwavs but they break too easily. I've been using billets by munito but they broke recently too.

I remember I used a pair of skullcandies, altec lansing inmontion (my favorite but I can't find them anymore they had the best build quality and sound, used for about a year) and some $13 Sony that lasted a year or so but the sonies and skullcandies didn't sound all that great. It sucks that the high quality headphones are so brittle! What do you guys suggest for good durability and excellent sound? I take care of my headphones too, so I don't think I'm being too abusive.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 2
Aww thought this was an discussion on durability :frowning2: Anyways - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Do you have a specific budget? Find that a lot of the Sonys and Skullcandies just have poor build in general. Lasting for one year is just a shame. My old marshmellows lasted for 2 years no problem. Heck even my dusty M2s have been still going strong for the last 2 (I guess it'd be almost 3 now) years. And don't even bring up the ER4Ps....Good stuff should just last for a long time like any proper investment. Planned obsolescence sure, but a few years isn't too hard to ask if you're gentle on them nowadays. 

Also excellent sound - maybe be a bit more specific? Sound preferences/sig preferences, genres, etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back