Beyer DT48E
Apr 18, 2008 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AudioDwebe

Headphoneus Supremus
So what's the word on these cans?

I've only read, like, two or three posts on these cans on this site. One comment about them were not good, but the other person compared these to the K501's and preferred the DT48's midrange over that of the AKG's. The only caveat is that this listener actually had the original DT48 whereas now they've got the DT48E.

But regardless, I'd like to find out more (get more opinions) about these cans. Especially with the favorable comparison to one of my all-time favorite cans, the K501's.

So...

Anybody out there?

Apr 18, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are sound engineering headphones that aren't worth your time for listening to music / normal domestic use.

Have you actually heard the headphone? My K260 is a monitor headphone and I find it quite pleasent for normal music listening.

Apr 19, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are sound engineering headphones that aren't worth your time for listening to music / normal domestic use.

Yes, and the K-1000, HP-1000, Stax 4070, Wilson speakers, and much else are studio gear not worth listening to.

I can't comment on the DT48E, but the DT48 is astonishingly accurate and detailed. I'd say that it's not worth your time every bit as much as the K-1000 isn't worth your time.

It isn't for everyone, but just wonderful for acoustics and vocals. Build quality is impressive and it has a pedigree. I'm still surprised it doesn't have much of a following here.

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 8
I don't think they are in the same sport. The dt48e is the best sounding cans I have ever heard. Now I just need to find the best sounding amp for them under 1000 dollars.

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
How does it compare to the K501 in your opinion?

The K-501 has a better soundstage and is a lot more comfortable to wear.  The DT48 beats it in detail, transparency and accuracy.  They let you listen deeply into a recording.

As for an amp, I've always liked the DT48 on tubes.  Yes, I know the tubes add flavor, but it just sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back