Beyer DT770 32Ohm Limited Edition vs Sen. HD25 1-II
Dec 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DomieMic65

100+ Head-Fier
... anyone who has heard both???
I have heard extensively the 25's and I like them a lot
But I see that the Beyers get some very good reviews and I can not decide!
The 25's will cost me much less than the Beyers though

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 3
I have both. The DT770LE seems to have a little less bass punch or should I say impact, but certainly does cover the lower bass levels with more power than the HD25ii. Highs extend further with the DT770LE but are maybe less harsh, despite not being hidden at all. I think the DT770LE gets the treble perfect. I would say the DT770LE is fairly even across all frequency with a little added warmth. It's not a bass monster, but has plenty enough to satisfy most people's needs. It is far less claustrophobic than the HD25ii. I do however think an amplifier helps the DT770LE. It needs more volume than the HD25ii, Amperior, Momentum and GMP8.35D which I also own.  Hope it helps. Just my thoughts. I do seem to collect mid range headphones
bigsmile_face.gif
 so hopefully have a fairly good comparison to go from.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 3
I agree with you I bought the LEs and my bro has the 25s ... I like both for what they are and I hope I will get the 25 too someday... for sure the LEs are less harsh and the 25 have more bass control and more forward mids wich is a characteristic I like a lot, anyway the way it sounds through the 25s! 
I find both cans very musically pleasing in completely different ways!!
I would like the LEs to have some more bass control though!! 
I use the JDS Labs O2 and sometimes the FiiO E9i (after the O2 I don't use it too often!!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back