Beyer T1. Or T5.
Jun 28, 2023 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wmf

100+ Head-Fier
I have a few Beyer phones. DT,990. DT1990 pro. And an MMX 300.
I'd really like to get either a T1 or T,5. To try out
Mainly gaming 75 percent . Rest music movies. I do like bass
Attached to a violectric combo v200 and and V800 DAC.
Any thoughts what I should be leaning towards would be great. Much appreciated
Thanks.

Jul 11, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 4
I can only speak for the first generation which is much better than Gen 3 in my opinon. The T1 first gens are far superior to the T5 first gens. However they are used for 2 very different things. The T1's take a lot of power and the T5's are made to be portable. Also the T1's are open headphones and the T5 are closed. For 3rd gen, they are both 32 ohms. You won't need much to drive them. The real question if you are set between those two is do I want an open or closed set of headphones?

Jul 12, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 4
I can only speak for the first generation which is much better than Gen 3 in my opinon. The T1 first gens are far superior to the T5 first gens. However they are used for 2 very different things. The T1's take a lot of power and the T5's are made to be portable. Also the T1's are open headphones and the T5 are closed. For 3rd gen, they are both 32 ohms. You won't need much to drive them. The real question if you are set between those two is do I want an open or closed set of headphones?

I just bought the T1 Gen3, and they do sound very nice. cable is too long, so ill recable to 2mt with palladium. to be honest, i wouldnt mind also trying a pair of T1 Gen2 to compare. id prefer open headphones for games, so i did go for the T1 over the T5.... also in part, because i have a pair of Denon D7000s, which i also use for gaming. Sound quality - excellent. detail, clarity, good bass. like i mentioned, i wouldnt mind trying the 600ohms Gen 2 T1s. Ill probably replace the T1 earpads to maybe dekoni hybrids.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back