Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Sep 29, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #32 of 2,669
While I hope that's true, I'm sure you won't blame me for disbelieving until I hear it.

Have you heard the DT1990 Pro yet? I think that headphone gives us a pretty good indication of where Beyer is headed sound wise. Hopefully the Amiron is at least equal to the 1990 or even a small step ahead of it. I'd be totally happy if the Amiron is a DT1990 with R/L connectors. 

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #33 of 2,669
[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]
Have you heard the DT1990 Pro yet? I think that headphone gives us a pretty good indication of where Beyer is headed sound wise. Hopefully the Amiron is at least equal to the 1990 or even a small step ahead of it. I'd be totally happy if the Amiron is a DT1990 with R/L connectors. 

Had and got rid of the DT 1770. Loved the build, comfort, design, accessories, and that's it. Little round treble murder boxes.

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #34 of 2,669
Had and got rid of the DT 1770. Loved the build, comfort, design, accessories, and that's it. Little round treble murder boxes.

That is so weird to me. Compared to the Elear and HD800S, I found that the 1770 has treble that is a bit too smoothed over, with a touch too much boominess in the bass, but it still quite nice sounding for the price.

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #35 of 2,669
Sep 30, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #37 of 2,669
Just got confirmation that the cables for T1.2 and T5p2 are compatible with the Amiron, so the balanced cable will work.

Hope to be able to get a demo piece soon. A DT1990 with less clamping force would be nice, and this might be just that I guess.

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #39 of 2,669
"Warm, intoxicating sound with live atmosphere"

I suppose they will not be aimed at T70-fans then... This is a totally new direction from beyerdynamic. When did they ever make a warm sounding headphone before?

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #40 of 2,669
Yeah just like Edition . Who the f.._ buys a pro for listening they are for working.

Who cares what they're designed for... the 1770s (and therefore I presume the 1990s) sound great and are very comfortable, so why would anyone think "oh no, these are only for mixing desks so I'd better not wear them anywhere else"?! If the headband is too tight, just stretch it out a bit, et voila!. 

"Warm, intoxicating sound with live atmosphere"

I suppose they will not be aimed at T70-fans then... This is a totally new direction from beyerdynamic. When did they ever make a warm sounding headphone before?

Maybe "warm" is all relative. After all, "warm" in northern Germany in October is not actually considered very warm by a lot of people elsewhere. So perhaps they're "teutonic warm"!

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #42 of 2,669
Pro = wired cable sucks, clamping force, optic.

Erm, get a new cable (it uses a standard mini-XLR) and stretch the headband a bit? Hardly deal killers IMO. Not sure what "optic' means but I assume looks, which I've never understood as a reason to buy headphoens since you can;t see them on your head! I would hardly call the Amiron especially "attractive". It just looks pretty much like every other Beyer headphone IMO -- a variation on exactly the same theme. Meanwhile, I kinda like the all-black stealth look of my 1770s :)

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #43 of 2,669
Erm, get a new cable (it uses a standard mini-XLR) and stretch the headband a bit? Hardly deal killers IMO. Not sure what "optic' means but I assume looks, which I've never understood as a reason to buy headphoens since you can;t see them on your head! I would hardly call the Amiron especially "attractive". It just looks pretty much like every other Beyer headphone IMO -- a variation on exactly the same theme. Meanwhile, I kinda like the all-black stealth look of my 1770s :)

Doesn't Amiron look like this, only not-oval?

I totally love all-black 1770 look.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #44 of 2,669
No, it looks just like all the other Beyer headphones (same headband, yoke etc.), except the back of the earcup looks slightly different... actually a little cheap and plasticky looking IMO -- see image in the OP

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #45 of 2,669
What ugly-looking padding.

Beyers definitely aren't for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back