Beyerdynamic cans @B&H for nice prices
Sep 6, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #16 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanni
Oh well.

So the conclusion : YES YOU WANT THOSE PAIR OF BEYER ! GO GET THEM BEFORE THEY RUN OUT OF STOCK!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #17 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by russdog
I'm sooooo confused. The picture on B&H seems to be of a Pro, yes?
What's the difference between the DT990 Pro and the new DT990 (not-Pro)? Is one superior to the other? Or are they comparable but different?

Are there reasons to prefer the 880?

well I guess the picture on B&H is not updated...lol

you can check this thread
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195931

for the difference between the Pro-version and Non-pro version..

Non-Pro version has been facelifted, which is the 2005 model.
the Pro version is yet to be facelifted...

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 536
I doubt it, unfortunately: I want the most recent revision (whatever the year), but it indeed is what Beyerdynamic on its site refers to as "2005 edition" and the model number is 481793, wihch is sold on BH for $289 (or Ebay for around $200).

As I suspected.... xMas not here yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #19 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema
Ordered them as soon as I saw your thread....

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I can't resist something like this...

did you get the 990 ? did you try the 880, if so, great differences ?

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #20 of 536
Quote:

I doubt it, unfortunately: I want the most recent revision (whatever the year), but it indeed is what Beyerdynamic on its site refers to as "2005 edition" and the model number is 481793, wihch is sold on BH for $289 (or Ebay for around $200).

Yes indeed you are right on this one! the new dt880 is being sold much cheaper on ebay..

if what I know is correct, the newest versions of Beyerdynamics dt770/880/990 version is 2005 version.

The ones that precede the new versions are 2003 Version (maybe i'm wrong with this...can someone verify?)

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #22 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
BTW how long did it take for them to arrive? I take it they were "special order" when you ordered them as well.

Yup. I ordered them on August 25th, which was a Friday, and they arrived today.

But don't expect to track them thru B&H's website after you order as they dropship directly from Beyer. It just constantly says "on order". Frankly, I was shocked they got here so quickly.

250-ohm version. That is all that is offered there.

The pic on B&H's site is wrong as they show the pro version for both. Check the mfr id#'s to Beyers site. I gambled on my order and it paid off.

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #23 of 536
I'm not positive about the 990's, but the new dt880's were released Nov. 05 but here they're always called the 06's. Obviously shot out for xmas 05. Anyway, if BH is saying they're the latest version, even if they send you the pre 05, you can legally either get you money back or if they have them in stock and admit it, you can demand the 05's. Great price! I may just have to get a pair to keep my 880's company!Thanks for the post!

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #24 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut
I'm not positive about the 990's, but the new dt880's were released Nov. 05 but here they're always called the 06's. Obviously shot out for xmas 05. Anyway, if BH is saying they're the latest version, even if they send you the pre 05, you can legally either get you money back or if they have them in stock and admit it, you can demand the 05's. Great price! I may just have to get a pair to keep my 880's company!Thanks for the post!

careful. For the DT880, the price of $179 is for the model prior to the most recent. And from what I remember reading here in the forums the latest update is better an more expensive. If you are uncertain just use the model # (which is also shown on BH)

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #25 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Yup. I ordered them on August 25th, which was a Friday, and they arrived today.

But don't expect to track them thru B&H's website after you order as they dropship directly from Beyer. Frankly, I was shocked they got here so quickly.

250-ohm version. That is all that is offered there.

The pic on B&H's site is wrong as they show the pro version for both. Check the mfr id#'s to Beyers site. I gambled on my order and it paid off.

Sounds good. I sprang for 2-day shipping (ground from NY to CA is brutal), so with a little luck I might have them by the end of next week. The MFR ID# is definitely the key, that was a smooth move spotting it, though!

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #27 of 536
The dt880's 05 were released in Nov. 05 but they are the ones everybody here calls the 06's( me included) I just took a gander at B&H and both the pictures of the 05 880's and 05 990's are the earlier model. It says that they will ship directly from Beyer so it must be a promotion through selected dealers. They were probably worried because everyone was buying the 880s compared to the 990's. And since the 880 was their top model before, they just want to get enough out there for word of mouth to spread. Typical ploy. But, I'm not going to GAS why their so cheap, well there goes another $200.

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #28 of 536
Quote:

the 990 are now on special order. I was just about ready to pull the trigger !

Did you read the OP? They have been 'special order' the whole time... drop ship from Beyer... that's why the OP was surprised he got 'em so quick...

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #30 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by russdog
Did you read the OP? They have been 'special order' the whole time... drop ship from Beyer... that's why the OP was surprised he got 'em so quick...

yes, eventually I did read it, somewhat, where does it say it is special order ?

Anyway, I just ordered them, I figured a bit of wait won't hurt at all !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back