Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Apr 23, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,982 of 3,701
At the end I think I'll go with DT-1770, looks sturdy and reading all the opinions for this and t5p - it has a bit less leakage. I think I'm also going to write to beyerdynamic to make them think of that their customers can find for useful such stat as leakage - useful (sorry for my English). If you look at all the posts in both threads this is really standing out question.

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #1,983 of 3,701
  At the end I think I'll go with DT-1770, looks sturdy and reading all the opinions for this and t5p - it has a bit less leakage. I think I'm also going to write to beyerdynamic to make them think of that their customers can find for useful such stat as leakage - useful (sorry for my English). If you look at all the posts in both threads this is really standing out question.

Excellent choice (I guess I have to say that) 
rolleyes.gif

For the DT-1770 PRO you can see the specs for leakage etc on the website, just open the pdf document for detailed specs:  http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-1770-pro.html

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #1,984 of 3,701
Has anyone done experiments with upgrade cables for the DT-1770..? I have tried searching, but can't find much info on this topic.

The stock cable is too long for portable use, and actually it's also annoying the way it coils up. One option of course is to cut the stock cable down in length and keep it. I don't have any cables to compare it too, so not sure on the sound quality of the stock cable. Maybe some of you can comment?

Possible upgrade cables could be something like TOXIC or FURUTECH, at two different price points. I'm new to the head-fi game (but has 35 years experience with high end audio). It's interesting to read, that many seems to chose cables based on how they look. Personally I could not care less, I'm in it for the sound... A nice sonic upgrade for the DT-1770 PRO will in my opinion be a slightly tighter bass and a more open sound.  Based on reviews that's exactly what the silver poison offer without being too bright. Not much info on the Furutech...

TOXIC
http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/product/silver-poison-occ-cryo-stranded-silvergold-headphone-cable/

FURUTECH
http://www.adl-av.com/products/cables/headphone/

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #1,985 of 3,701
@MortenB I think the leakage for which you are talking about is the "Ambient noise attenuation" stat? If so, this is more of not hearing what's happening outside and not what the others are hearing from your phones. I'm interested of the later. Thanks for your words and sorry that I can't help you with the cables. For these I prefer neutrality and use software (or create one) achieving the effect of tight bass and openness - haha :)

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,987 of 3,701

You could go over to Inner Fidelity. Tyll did test both, the DT770 and the T5p first gen. He posted the graphs. I think you can use it for leakage comparisons of two new models in question.

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,989 of 3,701
Are there better option than this in 1000euro budget for hardcore techno and fast paced pop.

You might want to search for the genre basshead or best bass can in this community. There are some dedicated threads on HeadFi. For those guys the DT1770 means nothing.

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #1,990 of 3,701
You could go over to Inner Fidelity. Tyll did test both, the DT770 and the T5p first gen. He posted the graphs. I think you can use it for leakage comparisons of two new models in question.

Hi! Thanks for the idea, but where did you saw DT-1770 there? I saw it only in 2 comments. No measurements. Though I have found the attenuation ability of T5p and it is even bigger than that of DT-150 - for me a bit surprising. Still I can't deliver the leakage stat from the attenuation (maybe I'm dumb or just asking wrong questions). Anyway, I feel that this topic starts to bloat the thread so - forgive me
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #1,992 of 3,701
Well don't make me feel scared. I am on my way to pick these up. I currently use Shure 846 and these have great bass, so we will see

Don't be scared.
I listen to stuff like Drum & Bass and Industrial Hardcore which is pretty fast paced. And I think the DT1770 are excellent for this.
The sound is very tight and punchy with great low-end, as long as you aren't after overpowering bass you should be quite satisfied with these.

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,994 of 3,701
Hi! Thanks for the idea, but where did you saw DT-1770 there? I saw it only in 2 comments. No measurements. Though I have found the attenuation ability of T5p and it is even bigger than that of DT-150 - for me a bit surprising. Still I can't deliver the leakage stat from the attenuation (maybe I'm dumb or just asking wrong questions). Anyway, I feel that this topic starts to bloat the thread so - forgive me :smile:  

He only tested the DT-770 so far. But as they share the basic construction, I think you can take their measurements to get a good comparison with the T5p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back