Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250ohm headphones - problem
Sep 21, 2012 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Murbz

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

Was wondering if anybody knows why the headphones would be making a weird high pitched noise in the right ear cup?

Is there anything I should do with these?

I've been extremely careful with these headphones since day one, and haven't been doing stupid things like cranking the volume to ridiculous levels etc.

Thanks.

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Yep, currently plugged into an ASUS Xonar STX sound card. Just has this high pitched noise in the right ear cup, not sure what to do.

Heya,

Plug them into something else and see if that noise persists.

If it does, take off the pad, open the cup, and start pulling out hairs.

Very best,

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 10
Plugged the headphones into my Samsung galaxy S3. Turned the volume up as high as it would go for a minute or so, no high pitched noises.

Edit: Just plugged them back into my sound card, checked everything was plugged in. I played the song "Tear It Up" by Soulja Boy on full base (highest quality I could find of the song) and I can hear it still.

What's the next step, anyone?

Also greatly appreciated for any help/advice given thus far.

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Plugged the headphones into my Samsung galaxy S3. Turned the volume up as high as it would go for a minute or so, no high pitched noises.

Heya,

Perhaps something is wonky with the headphone jack on the STX then. Make sure it's plugging in completely, turn in a few times, see if there's any loose feeling to it. If you have other headphones, plug them in and test to see if the same channel does it on another pair.

Very best,

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 10
Also make sure the all the contacts on the card are in the PCI-E slot firm (plugged in all the way) seriously.

Oh also my ST is generating noise too, but I haven't ruled out if it's my card or interference yet.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 10
The soundcard is good. Checked every connection connecting to/from the sound card.

I don't have a jack adapter that will fit my other headphones, as they don't screw into the adapter.

I think it's the headphones though, because most of the time it doesn't make the noise, but it's only when there's extreme bass or deep bassy talking on say, Mumble (VoIP communication software).

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 10
send them back for a replacement.  it is not normal and you wont be happy until they are exchanged with non defected headphones.

just my opinion. any warranty on those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back