Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 bass problem
Nov 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FOX1201

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody, 

Recently I bought myself a pair of DT 770 PRO 80's. After unboxing them, I plugged them into my Harmon/Kardon 630 receiver that's connected to my computer, put the volume up about 45%, adjusted the bass....and that's were my problem started. They sounded not so great; distorted bass, and when put up louder they began to clip. Some songs do sound ok at a lower-medium volume, but when the volume and or bass is raised, distortion again. This is my first time having this problem with any headphones going through this receiver. I've used Sennheiser eH 150's with good amount of bass and no problem. I also use my Sony XB700s and 7506s with no problems. Did I get a bad pair? Can they not handle my (vintage) receiver? Or am I completely missing something? 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! 

*Also played through: 

Sony walkman: distorted/clipping

Ipod with no amp: no distortion, but of course not enough to power the headphones without an amp. 

Ipod connected through receiver: Distortion/clipping 

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I tired multiple software sources, and the same deal. I just sent a email to the seller, regarding returning them. It's a real shame, I was really looking forward to owning these! If I get refunded, I may just get the Custom One Pros, as those were my second choice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back