Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd. Search for IEMs balanced sound, <$150
May 2, 2019 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

PlentyCoups

New Head-Fier
New to the site but have been poking around the site for awhile now as I research new IEMs. I have never been able to afford a super expensive pair of IEMs I do have a old pair of Sennheiser HD 202 which I still love.
I have about $150 saved up which is I think a ok amount for my venture into the more entry level IEMs. As far as IEMs go I've owned JLad and Symphonized, durability was unimpressive but not surprising for the price point. The Symphonized however have had issues with the mic on all three pairs.

What I'm Looking for
-Balanced or V shaped sound signature, slight boosting is ok as long as nothing becomes muddy or too recessed. Clarity, detail and good soundstage for my price range would be wonderful.
-Good noise isolation Low profile I'm in Michigan so hats in the winter. Also if anyone knows about cord durability in the cold I've had friends and seen reviews about cords going stiff and cracking in cold weather.
-Decent mic, I do some light online gaming with friends on my PS4. I don't use a mic for phones.
-Durability. I'm an artist mainly sculpture (glass, metal, clay) and into horticulture (plants) So I'm outside a lot re-landscaping. I'm always careful with cords (running cord under jacket or shirt) and storage but they need to be durable.
-Not Wireless

Music Platforms
- Most of my music listening is on my Lenovo laptop or outside on my I-Pod nano 3rd gen that is still chugging along after almost 13 years.

What I have looked at and considered
-Beyerdynamic- The Soul Byrd caught my attention early on and as of right now are the pair I'm strongly considering. They seem to check all my box's I was hoping to get some more reviews from people who have owned them, shout out to chortya for responding to my PMs and giving me some great info about them.
-Sennheiser Momemtum and HD-1- Looked at these first since I own a pair of overears, cord durability and profile made me reconsider
-Moonbuds saw their FB page and then looked for them on here. They look intreasting but dont know enough about them. Profile looks like it might bother my esrd
-Shure 215- The profile fit well but the no inline mic and the over ear fit which I have never used before made me move on. I like the idea of replaceable cords but don't know how well that idea actually works
- RHA ME750 the metal body made me reconsider I don't want something that will get cold especially in the winter the cord seemed durable also no mic.
- HiFiman- The profile didn't seem right and I wasn't too sure if the sound signature was what I was looking for.
- MEE- Have read good things but not looked at them much.
- DUNU- Noticed people talking about them but haven't looked at them.

I looked at loads of others but not in as much detail. I hope i'm going in the right direction and that suggestions and pointers can be given, it the artists I listen too would help I'll add them. Also if anyone else has experience with the Soul Byrds I love more reviews on them.
Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back