BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #3,376 of 5,353

I cant say as I haven't tried those cables But people on this thread have in general recommended a pure copper cable for the DM6
Have a good listen to the DM6 first though [if you don't have it yet]. you might find you are perfectly happy with the sound as is
IF you find the highs or the over all signature a bit too bright - some people have reported that a good copper cable tames that to a lesser or greater degree...(although normally, changes are subtle!)
Just try a few things and make up your own mind from your ownside. If you hear no difference with a different cable then stick with the stock. if You do hear an improvement then good for you :)

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #3,377 of 5,353
To know, thats why.
To 'know' something is synonymous with 'expereinceing' something you lunatic :D
Do you love your [significant other] ?
Prove it

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #3,378 of 5,353

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #3,379 of 5,353
@redrol I like you redrol. Look, can't we just meet up somewhere and . . .you know. . . just have a fight or something ? :)

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #3,380 of 5,353
I cant say as I haven't tried those cables But people on this thread have in general recommended a pure copper cable for the DM6
Have a good listen to the DM6 first though [if you don't have it yet]. you might find you are perfectly happy with the sound as is
IF you find the highs or the over all signature a bit too bright - some people have reported that a good copper cable tames that to a lesser or greater degree...(although normally, changes are subtle!)
Just try a few things and make up your own mind from your ownside. If you hear no difference with a different cable then stick with the stock. if You do hear an improvement then good for you :)

Balanced, though? My stock is unbalanced.

To be fair, I know I will never notice a difference with cables :)

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #3,382 of 5,353
@redrol I like you redrol. Look, can't we just meet up somewhere and . . .you know. . . just have a fight or something ? :)
hah, I think people that tend to have opinions like myself are more scientifically inclined. Human hearing is far FAR too malleable to be able to fully trust it if you can't ABX compare.

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #3,383 of 5,353
Balanced, though? My stock is unbalanced.

To be fair, I know I will never notice a difference with cables :)

Ahh, I only ever use the normal cables. Perhaps someone else can jump in and advice.
Could save yourself a bit of money though!

End of the day, cables, tips, these sort of things very rarely make a 'huge' difference. They can [for those that hear it] tweak certain aspects of the sound signature - which might be worthwhile, or not depending on the individuals needs and wishes - To be fair, I work with audio so what for me might be a big change might for others be a small change?

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #3,384 of 5,353
Lol butt hurt much?

Go ahead and knock yourself out and buy all the cables you want. My balanced answer is you can't measure an audible difference with a 3-5 foot cable into an IEM. I feel like its a disservice to people that saying they need to invest in cables is a good idea. Also, the damn DM6 is like 160bux on sale. Do you REALLY think its a good idea to spent +$50 on a cable for that price tier?! I think its better to just buy another set of IEMs if you want something different.

Try this: put on a blindfold, have a friend swap your cables, listen to the IEM. Do this a bunch of times. Get an actual number of times you can guess which cable is which. Once you do this you realize, you can't tell a damn bit of difference without looking with your eyes.
Cables are passive and do nothing for sound ,But your dap dose.
IMO.

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #3,386 of 5,353
hah, I think people that tend to have opinions like myself are more scientifically inclined. Human hearing is far FAR too malleable to be able to fully trust it if you can't ABX compare.

Yeah, I can certainly appreciate were you are coming from and certainly in terms of the whole 'snake oil' thing & companies trying to rip people off by exploiting certain views I would agree with you 100%
its important to much more scientifically minded in terms of ones buying choices
I don't DIS-agree with you exactly, maybe its more to do with the context...Anyway, its all good - we all are lucky to be able to enjoy music with some nice gear!

I have found that my hearing has different qualities throughout a 24 hour cycle that's for sure. If I try to relax and listen to music in the afternoon I'm usually just mehhh, but for some reason, after midnight and in the early hours Ive had some amazing eargasmic experiences !
Im not sure if its just because Im more relaxed or what, but yes, there is so much that effects ones hearing - mood, hunger, tiredness etc etc and I have no change of enjoying music

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #3,388 of 5,353
So if you need a refeere i can come i bring also sum boxing gear but you got to buy youtself theetprotector so we can go classic boxing rule mma or muay thai

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #3,389 of 5,353
Yeah, I can certainly appreciate were you are coming from and certainly in terms of the whole 'snake oil' thing & companies trying to rip people off by exploiting certain views I would agree with you 100%
its important to much more scientifically minded in terms of ones buying choices
I don't DIS-agree with you exactly, maybe its more to do with the context...Anyway, its all good - we all are lucky to be able to enjoy music with some nice gear!

I have found that my hearing has different qualities throughout a 24 hour cycle that's for sure. If I try to relax and listen to music in the afternoon I'm usually just mehhh, but for some reason, after midnight and in the early hours Ive had some amazing eargasmic experiences !
Im not sure if its just because Im more relaxed or what, but yes, there is so much that effects ones hearing - mood, hunger, tiredness etc etc and I have no change of enjoying music

i feel the same way . late night or early morning sessions seems to be when i have the best listening experience .id be lost in the music for a few hours and not realize it

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #3,390 of 5,353
So if you need a refeere i can come i bring also sum boxing gear but you got to buy youtself theetprotector so we can go classic boxing rule mma or muay thai

Woh woh wohhhhh . . .
Queensbury Rules Sir, none of this kicking like a spoilt child martial arts stuff - Good old fashioned fistycuffs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back