Big Platform Upgrades Coming to Head-Fi Very Soon!
May 5, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #91 of 159
Though the site is starting to load rather fast for me now, it should get faster with some time.  There are processes still going on that are part of the migration process.

For example:  There is an image thumbnailing process still running. Once there is a thumbnail built for every image on the site, things will start picking up. The engineering team does not yet have an estimate on how long this will take, but I'll keep you posted if I find out any more about this and other such processes.

And, again, sorry for any missing avatars. Again, they will return. The images are still being processed from the old set up to the new one which is why some aren't showing up yet. They'll be back soon.

May 5, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #92 of 159

Quote:
Argg.. the stickies in the DIY are all messed up.

@edit: and my avatar no longer 'moves' :frowning2:

This kind of depresses me as I could normally spend about five minutes just watching your avatar swing its arm around.

Also, quoting this was trippy as hell. Quoting from something at the top of a large page now quickly drags you down to the bottom rather than instantly appearing on another page. That's going to be hard to get used to!

May 5, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #93 of 159
The one problem I have is the lack of the "jump to page" thing.
Other than that, it looks nice! Great job Jude (and anyone else who was involved)!

edit: Another thing, I can't seem to link to other pages from my signature. I'm using the new editing scheme and it shows up as a link in the editor, but once I save it's not anymore. Don't know if this is a temporary or permanent thing or I'm just doing it wrong

May 5, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #94 of 159
I really like the thumbs up button.. allows one to show their appreciation for those who contribute a lot on the site.

May 5, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #98 of 159
Hi Jude,

Love the new look but is there a way to have the newest posts on page 1 (in reverse - newest first) like i used to have it?

cheers

May 5, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #100 of 159
Peter, click on the My Profile button up at the top, then scroll all the way to the bottom.  Yeah, I know, not the most intuitive place to find it (to my mind), but there it is.

Quote:
Looks nice so far.

Maybe I'm just being a dunce, but I cannot see where to edit my signature.  And I hope the custom titles are not lost forever...there were some funny ones out there.

As for the custom titles.  Those were supposed to make it over.  I'll see what can be done to find and apply them.

All of that data is somewhere.

May 5, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #101 of 159

Quote:
Is there any way to hide both avatars and signatures?  I don't see any settings for that.

On a small laptop screen both can take up way too much room.

Yes, there is. Go to your profile view and click on edit account details. Scroll all the way to the bottom..

The friends feature is gone.. :frowning2:

May 5, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #102 of 159

Quote:
Looks nice so far.

Maybe I'm just being a dunce, but I cannot see where to edit my signature.  And I hope the custom titles are not lost forever...there were some funny ones out there.

X 2!

Great job Jude! Keep up the awesome work!

May 5, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #103 of 159

Quote:
@joe: oh ok, cool! (I can't manage to quote you properly
jecklinsmile.gif
)

Click the single quote.  It should jump you to the reply box with the quote already placed.  The multi-quote boxes are for selecting multiple messages to quote.

May 5, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #104 of 159
Great stuff.  Everything is much neater now, and we finally don't have to deal with that final page bug that's plagued the big topics.  Everything seems more convenient now too.  I haven't tried it on my iPhone yet but I'd reckon this is more mobile friendly also.  I just have to get used to all the white used in the design though... there's much more white areas than what I'm used to...  *_*

May 5, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #105 of 159
Custom titles should all be there. Here's one, for example. Please let us know if any didn't make it. Would be happy to fix.

Very excited to be a part of Head-Fi!

EDIT: bigs thanks to those who reported missing titles. Looks like we missed a few somehow. Investigating! We'll get them all... feel free to PM me if you are missing yours. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back