Bluetooth ANC headphones
Nov 23, 2017 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Help and Recommendation Contributor
My wife asked me to get her some headphones after I came to(she gives me so much crap about the amount of headphones that I have) I realized I have no experience with ANC headphones . Comfort and noise canceling are probably going to be what she would prefer the most but she does like it to sound good also. We are taking a long trip in the spring for are 25th anniversary so I want to get her a good pair that are comfortable and do well with noise canceling that also sound pretty good. My first choice is the Bose QC 35 is there others I should look at?

Nov 24, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 8
Is she used to high quality headphones at all? If not, the Bose should sound pretty good to her and the ANC will probably be really cool if she hadn't tried that yet.

Personally, I don't like any of the Bose headphones without extensive EQ but I've given the qc35 as a gift a few times and everybody I gave it to (none of them were into high end audio, most were using the free earbuds that came with their phone) absolutely loved it and thought it was cool af.

I would also imagine Bose offers a great warranty so there is that. I wouldn't bother with higher end cans like the HD1 Wireless or the PXC550 (although I love both of them) if she won't appreciate the bump in sound quality.

To summarize, go with Bose as long as she isn't used to high-end cans.

Nov 24, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 8
She doesn’t like headphones that much but does know good ones .

Nov 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 8
She doesn’t like headphones that much but does know good ones .
I like the HD1 ANC a lot, fun sound while retaining good quality and clarity. Makes Bose sound muffled in comparison

Nov 24, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 8
Nov 24, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #7 of 8
I like the HD1 ANC a lot, fun sound while retaining good quality and clarity. Makes Bose sound muffled in comparison
I do like the depth of those cups. It has been a bit since I’ve heard the Momentums but I did like them.

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 8
How deep are cups as she doesn’t like the inside of the cups to touch her ears too much.
I wouldn't say they're very deep. I don't have an issue since my ears are tiny but if she has a normal sized ear then maybe a different headphone would be more ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back