Borrowing high end cans and/or DAC/AMP
Mar 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LFG530

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I know a lot of people here have a ton of gear at home and I was wondering if someone here would be willing to lend some gear to a broke student (I'd cover the shipping fees* and would be willing to make a safety deposit) so I could experiment what higher end gear sounds like.

If someone really generous wants to make a donation I could assure you that I would pass it on to someone else 3 months later (in a "Pay it forward" kind of way, but without anyone getting stabbed). 

The best headphones I tried (and have) is the HD-650 and the best amp/dac set-up is the Matrix Cube + Matrix M-Stage (I know nobody will shed a tear for me). I'd like to try a good tube amp (something like the Lyr + Bitfrost combo) and maybe good Orthos, but I'm really open to trying anything new.

There might be a better place to discuss this, if so please redirect me; if my demand is completely unrrealistic and I come off as a "******" you can also tell me... 

Thanks,
LFG 

*I'm from Canada by the way, just so you know. 

p.s. If nobody is willing to do this, do you know if there's a way to rent audio gear? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back