Brand New ATH-M50 phones. Possible problem?
Jun 23, 2011 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Nerdboxer

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! I am a long time lurker and first time poster on these great forums. I have a question that may be kind of nitpicky but I wanted to get your advice. I ordered the ATH-M50 from B&H and received them today. I was a little concerned by two things. First, the pad cushion on the left side has a noticeable crease in it. I posted a pic for reference. Is this normal and will it go away? I know that seems kind of OCD. Second, the swivel on the phones is very very loose. Also normal? Thanks in advance and I hope I can contribute to the community more than I have.

Edit: I've decided the looseness is probably equivalent to most swivel phones I've used. Still wondering about the pad though.

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 11
It will probably not go away, but I wouldn't worry about it. Take care of the pads thou cleaning them thoroughly after every usage cause I had mine for like 3 months before they started to crack, but I didn't take care of them properly. I'm looking to replace the pads actually maybe 940 pads on top of stock pads that I saw in someones thread a few days ago. 

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 11
Thanks for the replies everyone. After watching some YouTube videos and the like, some others have a similar crease. Seems normal I guess. I guess I'm just being picky. Otherwise they seem great even without burn in yet.

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. After watching some YouTube videos and the like, some others have a similar crease. Seems normal I guess. I guess I'm just being picky. Otherwise they seem great even without burn in yet.

Heya,

Try 'em out on this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fu_ybhzHXI

Very best,
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 11
I had creases when I received my M50s as well. I have the OCD problem that you do. Haha! I sold mine, but from what I remember the creases gradually went away as I wore them.

No worriesss~

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #8 of 11
One more question and then I'll quit. I noticed putting them on today that the ear pads themselves have some play. Basically they feel loose and aren't glued down or anything. I assume this is for easy replacement, but wanted to double check that this was normal. Sorry for the questions, but I like to make sure everything is tip top before the return period ends.

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #9 of 11
It is normal don't worry..
I also find it really useful because i can rotate them upside down and change its pads position without taking them out first....

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
It is normal don't worry..
I also find it really useful because i can rotate them upside down and change its pads position without taking them out first....

Thanks! I appreciate everyone tolerating my questions. This is my first pair of really nice headphones, and I still have a good bit to learn. This community has been very welcoming!

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 11
Stop worrying man you will ruin all your excitement..
Try to focus on enjoying them and feed them with high quality music because they are very analytical and unforgiving.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back