Budget DAC? For LD1+ and Grado RS2
Aug 11, 2011 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nbeier

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm new to head-fi, just getting into the whole world of audiophilia.  I've had some Grado SR60s for a while now, I love them like my first car!  After auditioning a friend's RS2s last year, I started saving and finally found myself able to purchase a pair (from our own LCfiner) last week.  Just got 'em in the mail and I'm lovin it!

I'm hoping to put together a decent (...decent?) desktop rig to do these cans some justice! And so I can spend some time listening and learning before investing in any better equipment.   I'm trying to throw together a budget tube amp setup, if possible. 

The LD1+ seems to fit the bill pretty well.  I was wondering, is there a goto DAC for less than $150?  I've heard of many people using the e7, but are there any other popular options?  I'm looking for USB or optical input (Macbook Pro).  No internal amp required, if I have that LD1+.  I know there's a lot of DAC threads out there, I just couldn't find any strong voice for something other than the e7 in that price range.

Thanks for your help.  I look forward to being an active part of this community, now that i'm doing more than just reading posts and drooling!

Nick

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 3
I want to know too... i'm searching for a dac that best pairs with my LDI+ and SR325i. 

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 3
HRT MS2 for 150 bucks. I have the MS2+, which is supposed to be slightly better, and it delivers a great amount of impact and kick on percussion. seems to go well with Grado’s aggressive signature.

(and glad you like the RS2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back