Buying FiiO FD3Pro for its cable? - A Review for FiiO FD3/FD3 Pro
Aug 5, 2021 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

FiiO Santos

Sponsor: FiiO
Hi guys, I am Santos, a freshman from FiiO.

How time flies. Summer came again in a blink of an eye. In this sweltering summer, we FiiO are preparing a launch event for our users, the new earphones FD3/FD3 Pro.
2%E9%85%8D%E5%9B%BE.jpg

Compared with the flagship FD5 in the FiiO family, the FD3/FD3Pro seems to be more like a kind and warm character. The simple rounded shape always reminds me of those carefree summer times. However, when I started to get to know it, I was shocked by its unusualness.

As usual, let's first take a general look at its main characteristics- all-new DLC diaphragm dynamic driver, front acoustic prism, semi-open acoustic design, aluminum-magnesium alloy body, 2 pairs of interchangeable sound tubes, high-purity monocrystalline copper cable for FD3/exclusive high-purity monocrystalline silver-plated copper cable for the FD3 Pro.

Besides, there are many details and secrets, such as the hand polishing + five-axis CNC processing combination, and the 2.5D film coating glass faceplate. I would like to explain them later in this text. Now we would come to the performance of the new dynamic driver.

Appearance
4%E7%8E%BB%E7%92%83.JPG

First of all, the FD3/FD3 Pro comes in two colors: black and gold/silver with a copper-colored cable. The FD3 Pro is black and gold with a monocrystalline silver-plated copper black cable. So we can distinguish the FD3 and the FD3 Pro by the color of the cable.

As a new force in the FiiO of dynamic driver family, it catches our eyes from the beginning among similar products. When I first saw the FD3, I had a crush on its round and gentle appearance. While under its simple look is unsimple craftsmanship- fully hand-polishing and CNC five-axis processing, which achieves uniform texture and dazzling glossiness.

That is why I love the FD3/FD3 Pro so much. The purity and simplicity will make you feel generous in any situation. But when you look carefully, each celluloid panel varies in terms of personality and reservedness. While covered with a 2.5D film coating glass on its faceplate, it presents a pure yet fresh transparent look, making it easier and more pleasurable to carry around.

Specifications
3%E7%8E%BB%E7%92%83.jpg

This part is the core of the whole review. As what has been involved in the FD3, "Not just a fresh face", we can see something. We already knew some of the main configurations above. Some of you may have noticed "All-new DLC diaphragm dynamic driver" has already made an appearance on the FD5. Yes, it was. But this time, it is brand-new and totally different.

First of all, let's talk about the characteristics of DLC (Diamond Like Carbon)?
DLC, the abbreviation form of Diamond-Like Carbon, is a class of amorphous carbon material that displays some of the typical properties of diamond. DLC is usually applied as coatings to other materials that could benefit from some of those properties.--Excerpt from Wikipedia.

%E6%8C%AF%E8%86%9C%E5%AF%B9%E6%AF%94.jpg

It has high rigidness, high electrical resistivity, and ultra-small friction coefficient. When applied to the diaphragm of acoustic earphones, the high rigidness helps to effectively reduce the segmentation movement during vibration, while the ultra-small friction coefficient results in ultra-high transient response. The high electrical resistivity controls sound performance with low distortion, instead of raising extra vibration and distortion when the signal transmission halts. To sum up, this type of DLC material is fast, accurate with less vibration when being applied to the diaphragm of earphones.

What are the specifics of the brand new FD3 diaphragm? What are the differences from that of the FD5?
The FD5 as the flagship dynamic series, first took up the role of FiiO's cutting-edge technology pioneer. After the DLC diaphragm widely showed up on the market, it was highly praised by audiophiles. The FD3 inherited the strong features while showing full potential by taking advantage of the 12mm DLC driver diaphragm. Yes, the entire diaphragm was completely coated with Diamond-Like Carbon. It is not only a kind of inheritance, but also a fresh start.

Tips: The difference between FD3 and FD5
FD3 full-size DLC diaphragm; FD5 beryllium-plated diaphragm + DLC diaphragm dome

5%E5%A3%B0%E6%A3%B1%E9%95%9C.jpg

Another important feature of the FD3 is that it is equipped with the latest FiiO-exclusive front acoustic prism, which is expected to be widely used in subsequent products. Why is it so popular? The reason is simple. After adding such a level of protection inside the limited cavity of the earphone, it brings numerous benefits such as eliminating high frequency standing waves, adjusting phase for ultra-highs, enhancing overall sound wave diffusion, and even effectively solving the problem of time delay caused by sound wave propagation path in the cavity. In other words, its appearance at an earphone lowers the time delay of sound waves yet with more accurate propagation.
6%E6%B3%84%E5%8E%8B%E5%AD%94.jpg

Do you still remember the patented balanced pressure relief technology on the FD5? In order to better balance the air pressure in the cavity, the semi-open acoustic design carefully carved by our designers is also continued to the FD3. The difference is that this time the pressure relief hole is placed on top of the MMCX connector to make good use of every corner, which keeps a rounded and simple design for the FD3. In addition, it helps to effectively balance air pressure inside the cavity and eliminate the tension on the eardrum. You will find it delicate after wearing it for a while.
7%E4%B8%8D%E5%90%8C%E7%BA%BF%E6%9D%90.jpg

Right here, I guess many of you will be confused that since the FD3 is equipped as a flagship, why will you still release the FD3 Pro at the same time? Yes, in terms of configuration, the FD3 is outstanding, yet low profile just like a gentle ninja. The FD3 can handle most use scenarios of senior audiophiles and freshmen. However, there is a batch of audiophiles just like me, always chasing higher levels. The FD3 Pro, is attentively prepared for us. Since the earphone configurations are already up to the top, the further upgrade we can make is the cable. The standard cable for the FD3 is made of 4-stranded 120-core high-purity monocrystalline copper with a 3.5mm single-ended jack plug. While the standard cable for the FD3 Pro is made of 8-stranded 152-core high-purity monocrystalline silver-plated copper with an interchangeable jack plug design, 2.5/3.5/4.4mm plugs for both single-ended and balanced availability.

Experience
8%E5%8C%85%E8%A3%85.jpg

From the moment I got the FD3, I was attracted by the specially processed laser hollowing packaging, and the gradient colors which make the cover glittering. Below the front side of the box, the chip set image produces different looks through different angles of sight. Besides, the design drawings on both sides of the packaging present characteristics of the earphones.
9%E9%85%8D%E4%BB%B6%E7%9B%92.jpg

The packaging box can be opened and closed through the suction design on its right side. The first thing we can see after opening is the user manual. It is kinda a reminder for people like me who rarely read it. Taking out the manual, we can see an up-and-down layout. The earphones and the cable settle in the upper space while the black accessory box lies down below. Opening the box, there is a transparent carrying case with all the accessories in it.
%E4%BA%BA%20%E6%8B%B7%E8%B4%9D.jpg

Thanks to FiiO's patented balanced pressure relief technology in the dynamic driver series of earphones, my ears have little pressure once I put the FD3 on. Nothing will change even for long listening sessions. Our old friends may be very familiar with our easy-and-convenient-to-use expanded MMCX connectors. But this time, we have made a little progress for the FD3 by designing an angled shape for the MMCX connector, so that it can have a better fit with the curve of the ear. We can find small surprises in daily use, such as the right red and left blue unit markers. Anyway, your feelings and suggestions matter to us.
%E4%BA%BA2%20%E6%8B%B7%E8%B4%9D.jpg

The participation of the DLC diaphragm helps to reduce unneeded vibration and ensures lower distortion. The result of the ultra-small friction coefficient is super high transient response. Speaking of this, you may know fairly well that the FD3 is overall responsive and dynamic. Plus the acoustic prism at the front cavity, the dynamic driver is able to present more details for high frequencies. Bass and mids are strengths of dynamic drivers all the time. When the diaphragm is fully coated with DLC material, its outstanding rigidness produces explosive bass with shocking authority. In the end, listening experience varies from individuals. I personally think that the FD3 is appropriate for musical styles of the following kind, pop music, vocals as well as Hip-pop.

Summary
image.jpg

How to define a model of earphones as good earphones? We all have our own standards and preferences. For example, they need to be powerful, well-resolute, fashionable and low profile. As one of China's HiFi brands, we FiiO attach great importance to the needs of audiophiles along the way. The first thing we need to do is to listen to them and optimize every detail based on their feedback. Even the small curve of the MMCX connector has gone through literally a thousand times of tests with different ears, so that it can be finalized in the end. Invisible costs were increasing. The FD3 is a great example that shows our perseverance and persistence, represented by the front acoustic prism on flagship products, the patented balance pressure relief technology, the further application of DLC material that has been coated to the entire diaphragm, and even the release of the pro-grade FD3 Pro for us perfectionists at the same time. This is an expression of our sincerity for our users within our ability.

Behind every upgrade is every deep thought. We interact with users and express ourselves by every model of our products. Everything is included in the actual feeling of listening.

I believe that the new rookie, the new force in the dynamic driver field, the FD3/FD3 Pro, will make you a wonderful music journey with its superior configuration and performance.

I am Santos from FiiO. See you in the next story~

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 26
I posted this on the other FD3 introduction thread. I will leave it here too.

I can see what Fiio did here with the FD3 and the pro version. The pro version is worth getting because of this cable. It is a very highly resolving cable they threw on the pro version for a reason. The sonics of the FD3 easily approaches the FD5 using this cable. It is the first time I can say I actually like the synergy of their monocrystalline silver plated 8 core cable and a Fiio earphone. The FD3 comes with two interchangeable nozzles. One that is more balanced for western and euro enthusiast base and the another nozzle to enhance trebles for their Asian enthusiast base. I like the tuning filers on the FD3 more so than the one included on the FD5. My review set has the balanced filter installed as well as a monocrystalline copper cable which was a great throw in.

If you already own the FD5 or the FH5s and you want to get a FD3. You can just get the FD3 the non pro verison as you already own the cable they are throwing on the Pro version. To be specific it is the cables that comes with the FD5 the FH5s is the 4 cored version. Or if you feel you just want the pro package.

So what does the pro cable do for the FD3? Definitely enhances detail of the sound. Compared to the copper cables. The upgraded pro cable is silver plated on an already highly resolving copper cable. If you guys seen some of the higher end cables in the industry that use UPOCC or ultra pure copper cables. Monocrystalline copper is very similar in what it does vs your garden variety copper cables..

I noticed a slight increase of stage presence with a uptick in clarity, better treble presence and it enhances detail of the base FD3 sound. The copper gives the FD3 more of a slight warmer tone but by no means is the detail lacking using this cable. Folks that are sensitive to trebles will do better with the non pro version and just use this copper cables.. It would have been better if the copper cable here was also modular but that would have cost more. As a throw in it is certainly a good copper cable.

It is surprising that these earphones are priced at where they are as it is clearly modeled after the FD5 and in some ways is designed a little better. Just because it is a lower numbered model don't mean it is a lesser sounding unit. Your certainly getting a great value here and I will have much more to say on my review I am working on. But for now any of you guys wanting to try a new Fiio product. These are not only at an aggressive price but these scream value in so many ways. Completely worth getting a set imo.

Aug 6, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 26
I posted this on the other FD3 introduction thread. I will leave it here too.

I can see what Fiio did here with the FD3 and the pro version. The pro version is worth getting because of this cable. It is a very highly resolving cable they threw on the pro version for a reason. The sonics of the FD3 easily approaches the FD5 using this cable. It is the first time I can say I actually like the synergy of their monocrystalline silver plated 8 core cable and a Fiio earphone. The FD3 comes with two interchangeable nozzles. One that is more balanced for western and euro enthusiast base and the another nozzle to enhance trebles for their Asian enthusiast base. I like the tuning filers on the FD3 more so than the one included on the FD5. My review set has the balanced filter installed as well as a monocrystalline copper cable which was a great throw in.

If you already own the FD5 or the FH5s and you want to get a FD3. You can just get the FD3 the non pro verison as you already own the cable they are throwing on the Pro version. To be specific it is the cables that comes with the FD5 the FH5s is the 4 cored version. Or if you feel you just want the pro package.

So what does the pro cable do for the FD3? Definitely enhances detail of the sound. Compared to the copper cables. The upgraded pro cable is silver plated on an already highly resolving copper cable. If you guys seen some of the higher end cables in the industry that use UPOCC or ultra pure copper cables. Monocrystalline copper is very similar in what it does vs your garden variety copper cables..

I noticed a slight increase of stage presence with a uptick in clarity, better treble presence and it enhances detail of the base FD3 sound. The copper gives the FD3 more of a slight warmer tone but by no means is the detail lacking using this cable. Folks that are sensitive to trebles will do better with the non pro version and just use this copper cables.. It would have been better if the copper cable here was also modular but that would have cost more. As a throw in it is certainly a good copper cable.

It is surprising that these earphones are priced at where they are as it is clearly modeled after the FD5 and in some ways is designed a little better. Just because it is a lower numbered model don't mean it is a lesser sounding unit. Your certainly getting a great value here and I will have much more to say on my review I am working on. But for now any of you guys wanting to try a new Fiio product. These are not only at an aggressive price but these scream value in so many ways. Completely worth getting a set imo.
Hey man can you describe the sound of the fd3/pro, especially compared to the FH3? Assuming you've own or have tested a FH3 in the past. TIA.

Aug 6, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 26
Gave away my FH3. For one thing the FD3 timbre trounces the FH3. FH3 sounded a bit incoherent to me the bass end was clearly playing at a different level vs the two BAs. It was a decent set but FD3 coherency there is no question which one is better there. FD3 bass might not be as pronounced vs the FH3. FD3 has the better balance with a much more natural tonality. Its technical ability is right up there with the FD5 using the pro cable. This is from memory of course. I am thinking the FD3 has better stage as well. If your asking me if it is worth getting a FD3 if you own a FH3. Absolutely. It is a different much more balanced sound signature. Grab the pro version of you don't have a set of them cables worth the extra just to get a set of them cables to use on the FD3 which brings the sonic quality right up there with the FD5.

Aug 8, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 26
Gave away my FH3. For one thing the FD3 timbre trounces the FH3. FH3 sounded a bit incoherent to me the bass end was clearly playing at a different level vs the two BAs. It was a decent set but FD3 coherency there is no question which one is better there. FD3 bass might not be as pronounced vs the FH3. FD3 has the better balance with a much more natural tonality. Its technical ability is right up there with the FD5 using the pro cable. This is from memory of course. I am thinking the FD3 has better stage as well. If your asking me if it is worth getting a FD3 if you own a FH3. Absolutely. It is a different much more balanced sound signature. Grab the pro version of you don't have a set of them cables worth the extra just to get a set of them cables to use on the FD3 which brings the sonic quality right up there with the FD5.
Cheers mate this is the info I was waiting for, will be ordering the fd3 pro soon 😊

Aug 12, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #10 of 26
Hi guys, I am Santos, a freshman from FiiO.

How time flies. Summer came again in a blink of an eye. In this sweltering summer, we FiiO are preparing a launch event for our users, the new earphones FD3/FD3 Pro.
2%E9%85%8D%E5%9B%BE.jpg

Compared with the flagship FD5 in the FiiO family, the FD3/FD3Pro seems to be more like a kind and warm character. The simple rounded shape always reminds me of those carefree summer times. However, when I started to get to know it, I was shocked by its unusualness.

As usual, let's first take a general look at its main characteristics- all-new DLC diaphragm dynamic driver, front acoustic prism, semi-open acoustic design, aluminum-magnesium alloy body, 2 pairs of interchangeable sound tubes, high-purity monocrystalline copper cable for FD3/exclusive high-purity monocrystalline silver-plated copper cable for the FD3 Pro.

Besides, there are many details and secrets, such as the hand polishing + five-axis CNC processing combination, and the 2.5D film coating glass faceplate. I would like to explain them later in this text. Now we would come to the performance of the new dynamic driver.

Appearance
4%E7%8E%BB%E7%92%83.JPG

First of all, the FD3/FD3 Pro comes in two colors: black and gold/silver with a copper-colored cable. The FD3 Pro is black and gold with a monocrystalline silver-plated copper black cable. So we can distinguish the FD3 and the FD3 Pro by the color of the cable.

As a new force in the FiiO of dynamic driver family, it catches our eyes from the beginning among similar products. When I first saw the FD3, I had a crush on its round and gentle appearance. While under its simple look is unsimple craftsmanship- fully hand-polishing and CNC five-axis processing, which achieves uniform texture and dazzling glossiness.

That is why I love the FD3/FD3 Pro so much. The purity and simplicity will make you feel generous in any situation. But when you look carefully, each celluloid panel varies in terms of personality and reservedness. While covered with a 2.5D film coating glass on its faceplate, it presents a pure yet fresh transparent look, making it easier and more pleasurable to carry around.

Specifications
3%E7%8E%BB%E7%92%83.jpg

This part is the core of the whole review. As what has been involved in the FD3, "Not just a fresh face", we can see something. We already knew some of the main configurations above. Some of you may have noticed "All-new DLC diaphragm dynamic driver" has already made an appearance on the FD5. Yes, it was. But this time, it is brand-new and totally different.

First of all, let's talk about the characteristics of DLC (Diamond Like Carbon)?
DLC, the abbreviation form of Diamond-Like Carbon, is a class of amorphous carbon material that displays some of the typical properties of diamond. DLC is usually applied as coatings to other materials that could benefit from some of those properties.--Excerpt from Wikipedia.

%E6%8C%AF%E8%86%9C%E5%AF%B9%E6%AF%94.jpg

It has high rigidness, high electrical resistivity, and ultra-small friction coefficient. When applied to the diaphragm of acoustic earphones, the high rigidness helps to effectively reduce the segmentation movement during vibration, while the ultra-small friction coefficient results in ultra-high transient response. The high electrical resistivity controls sound performance with low distortion, instead of raising extra vibration and distortion when the signal transmission halts. To sum up, this type of DLC material is fast, accurate with less vibration when being applied to the diaphragm of earphones.

What are the specifics of the brand new FD3 diaphragm? What are the differences from that of the FD5?
The FD5 as the flagship dynamic series, first took up the role of FiiO's cutting-edge technology pioneer. After the DLC diaphragm widely showed up on the market, it was highly praised by audiophiles. The FD3 inherited the strong features while showing full potential by taking advantage of the 12mm DLC driver diaphragm. Yes, the entire diaphragm was completely coated with Diamond-Like Carbon. It is not only a kind of inheritance, but also a fresh start.

Tips: The difference between FD3 and FD5
FD3 full-size DLC diaphragm; FD5 beryllium-plated diaphragm + DLC diaphragm dome

5%E5%A3%B0%E6%A3%B1%E9%95%9C.jpg

Another important feature of the FD3 is that it is equipped with the latest FiiO-exclusive front acoustic prism, which is expected to be widely used in subsequent products. Why is it so popular? The reason is simple. After adding such a level of protection inside the limited cavity of the earphone, it brings numerous benefits such as eliminating high frequency standing waves, adjusting phase for ultra-highs, enhancing overall sound wave diffusion, and even effectively solving the problem of time delay caused by sound wave propagation path in the cavity. In other words, its appearance at an earphone lowers the time delay of sound waves yet with more accurate propagation.
6%E6%B3%84%E5%8E%8B%E5%AD%94.jpg

Do you still remember the patented balanced pressure relief technology on the FD5? In order to better balance the air pressure in the cavity, the semi-open acoustic design carefully carved by our designers is also continued to the FD3. The difference is that this time the pressure relief hole is placed on top of the MMCX connector to make good use of every corner, which keeps a rounded and simple design for the FD3. In addition, it helps to effectively balance air pressure inside the cavity and eliminate the tension on the eardrum. You will find it delicate after wearing it for a while.
7%E4%B8%8D%E5%90%8C%E7%BA%BF%E6%9D%90.jpg

Right here, I guess many of you will be confused that since the FD3 is equipped as a flagship, why will you still release the FD3 Pro at the same time? Yes, in terms of configuration, the FD3 is outstanding, yet low profile just like a gentle ninja. The FD3 can handle most use scenarios of senior audiophiles and freshmen. However, there is a batch of audiophiles just like me, always chasing higher levels. The FD3 Pro, is attentively prepared for us. Since the earphone configurations are already up to the top, the further upgrade we can make is the cable. The standard cable for the FD3 is made of 4-stranded 120-core high-purity monocrystalline copper with a 3.5mm single-ended jack plug. While the standard cable for the FD3 Pro is made of 8-stranded 152-core high-purity monocrystalline silver-plated copper with an interchangeable jack plug design, 2.5/3.5/4.4mm plugs for both single-ended and balanced availability.

Experience
8%E5%8C%85%E8%A3%85.jpg

From the moment I got the FD3, I was attracted by the specially processed laser hollowing packaging, and the gradient colors which make the cover glittering. Below the front side of the box, the chip set image produces different looks through different angles of sight. Besides, the design drawings on both sides of the packaging present characteristics of the earphones.
9%E9%85%8D%E4%BB%B6%E7%9B%92.jpg

The packaging box can be opened and closed through the suction design on its right side. The first thing we can see after opening is the user manual. It is kinda a reminder for people like me who rarely read it. Taking out the manual, we can see an up-and-down layout. The earphones and the cable settle in the upper space while the black accessory box lies down below. Opening the box, there is a transparent carrying case with all the accessories in it.
%E4%BA%BA%20%E6%8B%B7%E8%B4%9D.jpg

Thanks to FiiO's patented balanced pressure relief technology in the dynamic driver series of earphones, my ears have little pressure once I put the FD3 on. Nothing will change even for long listening sessions. Our old friends may be very familiar with our easy-and-convenient-to-use expanded MMCX connectors. But this time, we have made a little progress for the FD3 by designing an angled shape for the MMCX connector, so that it can have a better fit with the curve of the ear. We can find small surprises in daily use, such as the right red and left blue unit markers. Anyway, your feelings and suggestions matter to us.
%E4%BA%BA2%20%E6%8B%B7%E8%B4%9D.jpg

The participation of the DLC diaphragm helps to reduce unneeded vibration and ensures lower distortion. The result of the ultra-small friction coefficient is super high transient response. Speaking of this, you may know fairly well that the FD3 is overall responsive and dynamic. Plus the acoustic prism at the front cavity, the dynamic driver is able to present more details for high frequencies. Bass and mids are strengths of dynamic drivers all the time. When the diaphragm is fully coated with DLC material, its outstanding rigidness produces explosive bass with shocking authority. In the end, listening experience varies from individuals. I personally think that the FD3 is appropriate for musical styles of the following kind, pop music, vocals as well as Hip-pop.

Summary
image.jpg

How to define a model of earphones as good earphones? We all have our own standards and preferences. For example, they need to be powerful, well-resolute, fashionable and low profile. As one of China's HiFi brands, we FiiO attach great importance to the needs of audiophiles along the way. The first thing we need to do is to listen to them and optimize every detail based on their feedback. Even the small curve of the MMCX connector has gone through literally a thousand times of tests with different ears, so that it can be finalized in the end. Invisible costs were increasing. The FD3 is a great example that shows our perseverance and persistence, represented by the front acoustic prism on flagship products, the patented balance pressure relief technology, the further application of DLC material that has been coated to the entire diaphragm, and even the release of the pro-grade FD3 Pro for us perfectionists at the same time. This is an expression of our sincerity for our users within our ability.

Behind every upgrade is every deep thought. We interact with users and express ourselves by every model of our products. Everything is included in the actual feeling of listening.

I believe that the new rookie, the new force in the dynamic driver field, the FD3/FD3 Pro, will make you a wonderful music journey with its superior configuration and performance.

I am Santos from FiiO. See you in the next story~
Thank you for the detailed review. How does the FD3 Pro cable compare to the FiiO LC-4.4D cable (not including connectors)?

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #11 of 26
Which is the balanced nozzle and which is the treble?

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #13 of 26
If your not sure you can look through the grill mesh on the nozzle against a light and the one that lets in more light is the treble filter. Which makes sense. So basically Fiio tuned them a bit like the FD5 treble emphasis and then added a thicker mesh for another nozzle which became their balanced filter.

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #14 of 26
Dsnuts has been killing my wallet lately! Got these yesterday and burned them in for 5-6 hours then had a listen last night. Was not overly impressed but am now after changing the nozzle to the treble one and finding the right tips for me, the Alza SednaEarFitLight. Now these things are amazing.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #15 of 26
Which version you get? I like the pro cable on the FD3. The balanced config with a warm source is not gonna mesh all that well. Source synergy is huge. I would go more neutral source pairing on the FD3 with balanced filter and if your gonna go warm source the treble filter might be better but with a copper cable instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back