Campfire Andromeda -- I'd Actually Pay to Have them Refinished
Mar 16, 2018 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ceeloChamp

500+ Head-Fier
Hey All,

So the Andromedas are AMAZING, but they scrape easily. I am really careful with my headphones but the edges of the paint is scraping. Who else has this problem? Would people pay to have them refinished? Could they potentially put like a clear coat on?

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 5
I believe that’s what the CK series with the Cerakote finish was meant to address. They also have less sharp corners. I actually used Plastidip spray on my Jupiters. Not so much to protect the finish, but more because every time the shells hit each other, the “klack klack” was always a little unnerving.

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 5
Interesting, I should have gotten Cerakote finish! I wonder if they would re-finish them for me? That seems like kind-of a big ask though....

Mar 18, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 5
@ Mr champ: Just curious, (in some places, cultures it is not done to ask for $$ amounts, but alas, I am not bound by such thing), how much does it cost to re-paint them? I just bought an 2nd hand one. It looks good, but want to know more about labor costs, in case it needs a repair. I actually don't care about looks. Audio quality is prime.

Mar 18, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't think it would hurt to ask, it may be reasonable for them to do a touch up job for around $50 or so. It most likely isn't covered by warranty, so why the heck not

If they decline, and your IEMs are out of warranty, you can always buy some aftermarket paint and try touch it up yourself (make sure you color match first though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back