Campfire - Solaris
Nov 6, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #1,066 of 12,035
After owning other LG phones (nexus, G5, and V10) that all had boot loop issues within the first year, I can't ever buy another LG phone again. Turnaround time is roughly 3 days which feels forever without having a phone. I never buy through a carrier and now only buy google pixel phones as they have the best camera, best free picture and video plan as long as you keep buying pixel phones, and monthly updates. I also hated the LG emojis. I couldn't find a way to switch it to the regular google emojis without having to root the phone. I pray for all of you with LG phones.

Even if I can find a usb C otg cable that will work with my pixel 2XL and the hugo 2, I still lack storage to keep a good library of flac files, so maybe I should consider a DAP. I tried a friend's A&K a few years back and thought it was very underpowered.

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,067 of 12,035
I actually quite enjoy Symbio with Vega. Symbio maintains the energetic sound signature of Vega and adds more air and soundstage to Vega. The bass quantity is lower as well. I am afriad Symbio will make Solaris extremely bright

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #1,068 of 12,035
Also I highly recommend Luxury and Precision DAPs. I am currently using LP5 Ultra for my Vega. It has better resolution than WM1Z and better tonality than SP1000 with much more powerful output than both. The newer DAP L4 has no hiss on Andro and higher driving power than many DAPs in that price range. Other than L&P, DX200 with the new module amp8 is also a solid choice for the price range

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #1,070 of 12,035
Also I highly recommend Luxury and Precision DAPs. I am currently using LP5 Ultra for my Vega. It has better resolution than WM1Z and better tonality than SP1000 with much more powerful output than both. The newer DAP L4 has no hiss on Andro and higher driving power than many DAPs in that price range. Other than L&P, DX200 with the new module amp8 is also a solid choice for the price range
I had a DX200, I sold it because it was a hassle carrying it around

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #1,072 of 12,035
Well you can try R2R2000 which is quite small and it can be used as a Bluetooth DAC. The sound of R2R2000 is quite warm to my ear and I think that fit your taste
Again, no. LG V35 is good enough and better than entry level DAPs

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #1,074 of 12,035
Doesn't look very high end. Might not be a significant upgrade over my LG V35 which already has a very good DAC+AMP

I am thinking about getting a 1960 4 wire "copy"
I've never heard it but I have a feeling it would sound awesome. I'm thinking either janus d, 1960, or leonidas ii for the solaris. Haven't heard any with them though. Lionheart is in sale however.

Nov 6, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #1,077 of 12,035
Because this is what head fi does

After all, the official greeting here is: Welcome to Head-fi, Sorry about your wallet. And when a new product is announced, it becomes Sorry about our wallet.

Nov 6, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #1,078 of 12,035
Why everyone try to push the guy to spend more money when he happy with what he got
Because he was talking about buying a 400 dollar cable, to use with.....a phone.
But yes, if he is happy. That is all that matters.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #1,079 of 12,035
After all, the official greeting here is: Welcome to Head-fi, Sorry about your wallet. And when a new product is announced, it becomes Sorry about our wallet.
We need to design a coat of arms and add that - of course, in Latin - as the motto..

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #1,080 of 12,035
Why everyone try to push the guy to spend more money when he happy with what he got?

That is the challenge and resisting it is how you prove you are a man. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back