Campfire - Solaris
Jan 5, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #12,017 of 12,035
After half an hour listening the Solaris Mercury are well worth the purchase, especially at half price.

A bit hissy on some sources but both my DAPs, iFi Diablo and Chord Mojo are fine without an IEMatch. Yes the Diablo is massively over powered but it is dead silent and my unit has no channel imbalance even with the somewhat sensitive Solaris.

Coherent, natural open sound in general, the bass does what the music calls for, there is plenty when it is needed but is restrained when required, crisp treble that stops just short of sibilance on a few problematic test tracks.

Divinus Velvet tips give the best fit for me so far.

So far so good.

Jan 6, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #12,019 of 12,035
I will never sale my Solaris OGs! There I said it!💀
I sold mine due to fit issues then later bought it again and then sold it again. I eventually picked up the Solaris 2020, but then eventually sold that and then later reacquired another OG Solaris. :upside_down:

Jan 7, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #12,020 of 12,035
After half an hour listening the Solaris Mercury are well worth the purchase, especially at half price.

A bit hissy on some sources but both my DAPs, iFi Diablo and Chord Mojo are fine without an IEMatch. Yes the Diablo is massively over powered but it is dead silent and my unit has no channel imbalance even with the somewhat sensitive Solaris.

Coherent, natural open sound in general, the bass does what the music calls for, there is plenty when it is needed but is restrained when required, crisp treble that stops just short of sibilance on a few problematic test tracks.

Divinus Velvet tips give the best fit for me so far.

So far so good.
Glad they met your expectations

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #12,021 of 12,035
I will never sale my Solaris OGs! There I said it!💀
I've put the down multiple times, moved on to planars, headphones, and come back around....I thoroughly enjoy them every time I come back. So, I don't think mine are going anywhere either

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #12,022 of 12,035
Hey Guys! I'm Chris with Campfire Audio. Some of you may know me from trade shows and/or the CA help desk.

We’ll be hanging out in some of the ongoing CA threads and starting some official threads as well. Really cool to see the ongoing conversation regarding Solaris and its (at this point) quite long lineage. Anyway, wanted to say hey and let folks know we're around to chat and answer questions.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 9, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #12,023 of 12,035
New Solaris Mercury with Kinera Dromi cable, just because I prefer the aesthetics. Thank you to those that offered input above.

IMG_0124.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #12,025 of 12,035
New Solaris Mercury with Kinera Dromi cable, just because I prefer the aesthetics. Thank you to those that offered input above.

IMG_0124.jpeg
Makes me want the Chromatic Trifecta 😍 Great metallic look throughout.

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #12,026 of 12,035
¡Hola, chicos! Soy Chris de Campfire Audio. Es posible que algunos de ustedes me conozcan por ferias comerciales y/o por el servicio de asistencia técnica de CA.

Estaremos en algunos de los hilos de CA en curso y también comenzaremos algunos hilos oficiales. Es realmente genial ver la conversación en curso sobre Solaris y su (en este punto) linaje bastante largo. De todos modos, quería saludar y hacerle saber a la gente que estamos disponibles para charlar y responder preguntas.
hola Chris soy un cliente español tengo solaris stellar horizon y me gustaría saber si el DD de black Star es igual al stellar horizon dada la diferencia de precio me gustaría saber si son iguale un saludo y siempre es bueno compartir con alguien de campfire audio CFA Chris

Jan 10, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #12,029 of 12,035
hola Chris soy un cliente español tengo solaris stellar horizon y me gustaría saber si el DD de black Star es igual al stellar horizon dada la diferencia de precio me gustaría saber si son iguale un saludo y siempre es bueno compartir con alguien de campfire audio CFA Chris

Hi! Stellar Horizon uses our 10mm ADLC dynamic driver while BlackStar uses our new Dual Magnet dynamic driver. The differences in these models goes further than the drivers themselves. One of the clearest differences being Stellar Horizon's overall detail, soundstage, layering and separation.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 10, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #12,030 of 12,035

IMG_0124.jpeg
Dang, that is a gorgeous combination -- shine on, chrome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back