Can anybody here read electrical schematics
Oct 26, 2006 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PiccoloNamek

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, so, the mixing console at my church was completely re-tooled tonight. None of it really concerns me, except for the method in which I record the priest's sermon, because that is part of my job. Right now, we're using the INSERT I/O effects send to send a raw signal directly to a CD recorder. But the man who is re-working the board is planning on making the 6th MIX bus into a "universal out" of sorts for all of the microphones, in case we need to record two mics at once, as we will be needing to do this sunday. All of the needed mic inputs will be sent to this bus and then out to the recorder. The only problem with this is that the signal will now be passing through the board's equalizer, something I do not want at all. There are little buttons near the mixing knobs that select between PRE- and POST-fader signals to be sent to the mix bus.

Now, here is the problem. The man says that the PRE switch also controls the EQ as well, so I will be able to get a pre-equalizer signal from the mix bus. But I do not see how this is possible. The EQ comes way before the PRE button in the signal chain, and there is nothing in the schematic that suggests that the PRE button is in any way linked to the EQ. There is nothing in the instruction manual that suggests this.

Or am I just crazy and he's actually right?

PRE.gif

Only buses 5-10 have "PRE" switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back