Can I buy a splitter for my Modi 3 dac? So it can be used on speakers and headphone amp with a switch of button?
Apr 15, 2019 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

caenlenfromOCN

1000+ Head-Fier
I am trying to figure out how to do this...

I have some Logitech 2.1 THX 200 watt speakers on my gaming PC, and I have it connected to Modi 3 DAC where it does sound noticeably better. I am tried of switching out the back two RCA cables on the back of the Modi 3... from my headphone amp to that...

My gaming laptop only has one spare USB port and no optical... so I need a splitter of some kind... would it effect the sound any? Please advise I don't know what to do...

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #2 of 6
I am trying to figure out how to do this...

I have some Logitech 2.1 THX 200 watt speakers on my gaming PC, and I have it connected to Modi 3 DAC where it does sound noticeably better. I am tried of switching out the back two RCA cables on the back of the Modi 3... from my headphone amp to that...

My gaming laptop only has one spare USB port and no optical... so I need a splitter of some kind... would it effect the sound any? Please advise I don't know what to do...

You have three options there.

1. Free : Hook up the speakers to the laptop's analogue headphone output. It's not like those Logitechs are anything like JBL LSR305s or Dyanudio Evidence.

2. $50 : Buy a Schiit Sys, wire it in reverse, use the switch to toggle between output to the headphone amp and the speakers.

3. $99++ : Get a headphone amp (or a DAC-HPamp) with preamp output. Cheapest option: Modi3.

Apr 15, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 6
You have three options there.

1. Free : Hook up the speakers to the laptop's analogue headphone output. It's not like those Logitechs are anything like JBL LSR305s or Dyanudio Evidence.

2. $50 : Buy a Schiit Sys, wire it in reverse, use the switch to toggle between output to the headphone amp and the speakers.

3. $99++ : Get a headphone amp (or a DAC-HPamp) with preamp output. Cheapest option: Modi3.

I have a headphone amp but its custom built so no pre-amp sadly, but it beats a Schiit Lyr 3 imo, so no reason for me to upgrade it.

I tried the headphone jack on mobo a few months ago and I noticed improved sound quality when I do Modi 3

Looks like my only option is Schiit Sys, thanks! Going to see if any B-stock or used ones are for sale. cheers

Apr 24, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back