Can someone recommend Re-Cabling service for my JVC DX1000
May 11, 2012 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
Howdy, love my DX1000 but the cable is about 20ft too long, I am looking for a reputable modder or website that can recable the DX1000.  Any suggestions are appreciated

-mike

May 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #3 of 8
You  might check with Drew at Moon Audio.

May 19, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 8
Or Qusp, he told me he has done it before. You can pm him :)

May 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 8
I never said I wanted an upgrade :)  I don't think any cables out there will do this headphone any justice what so ever, Brian at BTG audio agreed with me and nailed my thoughts in his own words in a conversation we had today.  

A different cable style with different innards will change the DX1K...copper is less likely, but still might change it.  Silver is out of the question.  I am looking for the same sounding cable, if anything is changed even a little, then I am not at all interested.  The stock cable is super high quality compared to most I have seen, and the gorgeous wooden adapter is the most beautiful plug Ive ever seen...but its a 1/4 and the stock cable is way too long.  I don't need an amplifier with this headphone, I'm not ever more than 3 feet away from my Hisound V so its useless and super cumbersome

After much research I've come to realize trimming the cable is the better option, its still too thick and annoying ( I want one just like the hifiman silver cable, that type, very thin, not intrusive ).  But...again there is that damned amazing adapter which annoys the hell out of me but is so stunning :[

Brian seems to know his $hit and has the same views as me on this one, I might recable it and see how it goes and keep the stock cable.  If i like it, I will sell the stock cable for a few hundred, if not, then I can have the stock cable put back on I suppose.  :\  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back