CanJam 2011 Grado PS500
Oct 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 18
More than 8 hours and no one posted.

Too inexpensive to be discussed, and too being hated to be mentioned I guess......

rolleyes.gif

redface.gif

tongue.gif

To think about it, a single post about PS500 would be more helpful for FAR more people than LCD-3. I will probably eventually caved in or wait for another flagship, but not everyone can afford $1000+ cans...

Oct 16, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #6 of 18
I will post more details later, but so far the PS500 is the only Grado I like and I've heard almost all of them. The HF2 were there and used on the same rig, totally different and far worse. Awful, really.

To those saying the other thread is only about LCD3 is being unfair. Sure there is a lot of talk about them with such a large LCD2 fan base, but I am listening to any and everything and answering requests.

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
I will post more details later, but so far the PS is the only Grado I like and I've heard almost all of them. The HF2 were there and used on the same rig, totally different and far worse. Awful, really.

I find it hard to believe the HF-2 was awful. I own them and think they're really good. Can someone better describe the difference. Bass, highs, Mids, presence, sound stage (if there is such a thing with phones). I'm not trying to put anyone on the spot here I'm just wanting to hear some first-hand impressions.

Oct 17, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 18
Well, he did admit that he doesn't like Grados, so take those words with a grain of salt (or just discount them altogether).  I've read some other posts saying, basically "great clarity, great bass, great impact".

There's a PS500 thread floating around the Full-Size Headphones forum.

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
Well, he did admit that he doesn't like Grados, so take those words with a grain of salt (or just discount them altogether).  I've read some other posts saying, basically "great clarity, great bass, great impact".

There's a PS500 thread floating around the Full-Size Headphones forum.

Was hoping for more details, I might have to cancel my preorder.  I think grado slipped up sending a giant order to china and not to the us.  And to only have one non broken in pair floating around is pretty sad.  Still might have to take my chances on them. 

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
I think grado slipped up sending a giant order to china and not to the us. 

Of PS500s?  /facepalm

Well, you could just wait a few weeks and pick up a pair of the now-inevitable knockoffs.  :wink:

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #13 of 18
You can see my detailed comments about both the PS500 and HF2 by clicking the link in my signature and following the index.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
You can see my detailed comments about both the PS500 and HF2 by clicking the link in my signature and following the index.

Don't take my comment as a wisecrack, btw, you just seem to dislike Grados.  (I got the impression that it'd be like asking me to say anything positive about Apple.)

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #15 of 18
Only because the products themselves were not to my liking. I have nothing against the company and am willing to show when a product from them is to my liking as the PS500 is. Everyone hears differently. Skylab loved the LCD3s on the Pinnacle and I found them to be the worst match out of 5 setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back