CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #316 of 1,303
I briefly tried the demo unit and I'm liking it so far. I'd definitely recommend stopping by the STAX/Woo Audio suite (Plymouth Room) to hear it this weekend. It's surprising what you get out of an electrostatic system the size of a chalkboard eraser.

The little Kingsound unit was pretty surprising too, I look forward to hearing this.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 13, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #319 of 1,303
dc4ad8ea3771c9d5e715efc8fe6142c00061038e.jpg

Sonarworks Live Demo/CanJam NYC 2018 After Party (7pm-9pm)
What to do when Day 1 of CanJam NYC 2018 is over? Sonarworks will host an invitation-only, CanJam NYC attendees exclusive listening event Saturday evening starting at 7pm. at the world famous Platinum Sound Recording Studios, 320 W 46th Street (5th Floor) where company representatives will demonstrate how Sonarworks True-Fi can bring true studio reference sound directly to your headphones! This will be followed by a CanJam NYC 2018 After Party hosted by Head-Fi! The studio is a short 5 minute walk from the NY Marriott Marquis.

Space is limited so please RSVP here if you would like to join us. RSVP's will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.

NYC18_Avatar_110917.png

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #320 of 1,303

Sonarworks Live Demo/CanJam NYC 2018 After Party
What to do when Day 1 of CanJam NYC 2018 is over? Sonarworks will host an invitation-only, CanJam NYC attendees exclusive listening event Saturday evening starting at 7pm. at the world famous Platinum Sound Studios, 320 W 46th Street (5th Floor) where company representatives will demonstrate how Sonarworks True-Fi can bring true studio reference sound directly to your headphones! This will be followed by a CanJam NYC 2018 After Party hosted by Head-Fi! The studio is a short 5 minute walk from the NY Marriott Marquis.

Space is limited so please RSVP here if you would like to join us. RSVP's will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.

The link just says to contact the organizer. Am I missing something?

Feb 13, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #322 of 1,303
The list of exhibitors still has time to grow before the show. We're a little under two months out, after all, and we had exhibitors added for NYC as recently as two weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if more exhibitors sign up for space at SoCal in the coming weeks.
Waiting till to last minute to sign up? Sounds like a great plan! Sign me up but you know really close to the deadline.

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #323 of 1,303

Sonarworks Live Demo/CanJam NYC 2018 After Party (7pm-9pm)
What to do when Day 1 of CanJam NYC 2018 is over? Sonarworks will host an invitation-only, CanJam NYC attendees exclusive listening event Saturday evening starting at 7pm. at the world famous Platinum Sound Recording Studios, 320 W 46th Street (5th Floor) where company representatives will demonstrate how Sonarworks True-Fi can bring true studio reference sound directly to your headphones! This will be followed by a CanJam NYC 2018 After Party hosted by Head-Fi! The studio is a short 5 minute walk from the NY Marriott Marquis.

Are Sonardrinks part of this Sonarworks afterparty?

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #327 of 1,303
A PORTABLE fullsize electrostatic headphone amplifier coming! by Stax

#SRM-D10

I am really interested in the SRM-D10. Is there a link to this little device. I cannot seem to find it. I live here in Japan and I so want to get into Stax, but just cannot with the current amps. Perhaps this is what I am looking for, specially if I can match it with the L700.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #328 of 1,303
Will Focal have the Elex at NYC CanJam? They’re back live on Massdrop and I’d love to hear them before committing to buy.

Most Massdrop exclusives are not carried by the company. I asked HiFiMAN about the 4xx and they said to ask Massdrop. I imagine it's a similar story with Focal.

It seems that the SoCal CanJam has roughly half the number of exhibitors of the NYC CanJam :frowning2:
Why is it that the music capital of the world attracts fewer exhibitors?

There's still time. :)

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #329 of 1,303
I am really interested in the SRM-D10. Is there a link to this little device. I cannot seem to find it.
We first showed the SRM-D10 in our preview earlier in the thread. Embargo only recently lifted on the little device, and there are still a few unknowns such as price and release date. It doesn't look like STAX has added it to their site yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back