CanJam London 2017 Impressions Thread (July 15-16, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2017 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 147
cjl+fp_temp.jpg
Post your CanJam London 2017 impressions in this thread, and follow along with everyone's photos and impressions!

Jul 15, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 147
Attendees please visit the Trilogy Audio and/or Electromod stands and post photo's of the new H1 electrostatic headphone amplifier. Brief listening impressions (show conditions notwithstanding) would be appreciated too. :L3000:

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #6 of 147
The ibasso IT03 is great.

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #8 of 147
IMG_5308.JPG
Battle of the titans. For my taste, Shure wins. Incredibly sweet & musical while being close to reality !

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #9 of 147
Jul 15, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 147
Attendees please visit the Trilogy Audio and/or Electromod stands and post photo's of the new H1 electrostatic headphone amplifier. Brief listening impressions (show conditions notwithstanding) would be appreciated too. :L3000:
I've spoke to Paul from hi-fi lounge and he said on the launch day he sold a couple so it must be good

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #12 of 147
Just got back from CanJam today where I was hoping to meet Moedawg140 to have a listen to his Andromeda, but couldn't find him. Every time I tried to find him, I got completely distracted with all the wonderful toys there. My first CanJam and did know which way to turn next, fantastic day. I have to give a huge thanks to the guy working on the main reception desk for letting me sit down behind the desk and have a good listen to his Andromeda. I didn't even get his name, so if you read this all I can say is thank you thank you thank you and I've just ordered the Andromeda :beerchug:

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #13 of 147
Just back home from the show.

Had a good time down there, was good to see/hear all the equipment I had been thinking about buying over the past year or so. TBH it made me realise that I am happy with the Sennheiser HD600 & B&W P7 I have been using up until this point. Maybe it was the room & background noise but the HiFiMan & Audeze products I tried (and wanted to hear for years) didn't convince me anywhere near enough that I wanted to purchase them. Saying that, the Stax headphones I tried were the best sounding ones I personally heard on the day.

Saw "MOEDAWG 140" in the Arsenal kit down there having a walk around!

Anyway, it was great to have all of the products all together in one room available for listening & it was very well run down there & the location was really good.

Jul 15, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #15 of 147
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at CanJam today.
  • Auditioned the Shangri-La System which was beautiful. Though I bloody hope so for that price!
  • Was awed by the style and design of the Kennerton equipment
  • Simply loved the BeyerDynamic DT 1990s and thought the team were a lot of fun. They have some great products.
  • Tried the Hugo 2 and compared it with the Mojo (it was immediately clear that the H2 was better. Though, again, I hope so at that price!)
  • Enjoyed chatting with the Chasing the Dragon team. Ask Mike Valentine to play you the same track in Stereo and then Binaural. He's also got some gorgeous music on sale.
  • Compared the Sennheiser HD 650 and 800s with my own travel pair (DT 770s).
  • And much more...
    IMG_1008.JPG IMG_1010.JPG IMG_1012.JPG IMG_1014.JPG IMG_1016.JPG IMG_1018.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back