CanJam London 2023 Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #422 of 463
CanJam London was an absolute blast both in and out of the show.
Here's my highlights!

Aug 31, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #423 of 463
Thank you for your impressions of the show. I wanted to know what your thoughts are in comparing the HiFiMan Svanar to the Nightjar Singularity? Which is more balanced? Which is most appropriate for Hip-Hop, Funk, Jazz and Soundtracks?
I tried the Svanar at London CanJam and I can't understand why there's so much hype about them because for me they are overpriced: they sound so dark and "compressed", being really boring. Surely the Sennheiser IE600 are better and cost much less than Svanar.

Didn't try the Singularity, so I can't compare to them.

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #424 of 463
Looks like a Chinese knock off, of Audeze headphones.
Screenshot_20230828-163101.jpg

Unlike Audeze they come with 3 different pads which are not glued.
Here is a review with measurements
https://unheardlab.com/2023/04/24/nan-7-planar-headphones-review-unbriddled-energy-and-potential/
The yokes, gimbals & headband are like Audeze but the Carbon fibre ear cups are unique to the Nan7. The Nan7’s stock hybrid ear pads are similar to the Sundara.

Nan-7 is supposed to be not as hard to drive official "marketing" claims say it's 14ohms and around 100db sensitivity.
Nan-6 is way harder to drive approaching he-6/susvara territory.

Indeed nan-7 looks very promising, could be a nice headphone with reasonable price.

ps. oops sorry I just found that 100db is per V not per mW. So yes it needs some juice :wink:
The Nan7 needs similar power to drive like the HE500 but less power than the Susvara & quite a bit less power compared to the ModHouse Tungsten.

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #425 of 463

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 1, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #426 of 463
The yokes, gimbals & headband are like Audeze but the Carbon fibre ear cups are unique to the Nan7. The Nan7’s stock hybrid ear pads are similar to the Sundara.

The Nan7 needs similar power to drive like the HE500 but less power than the Susvara & quite a bit less power compared to the ModHouse Tungsten.
Just checked the review link. It has many measurements, but not the distortion measurements!
How come? That's the first thing I look at.
FR compliance is not at the top of my list, Distortion, is.

Sep 1, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #427 of 463
One of the hidden gems of London CanJam, the xDuoo XD05 Pro, for which I clicked on the buy button after the show. It arrived today, and made me glad that I was there to experience it. It is not only a DAC but also an amplifier. It uses a digitally controlled analog volume controller, so analog input is not converted to digital first. It has all kinds of cables in the box, even spare rubber feet, screws and extra opamps, which you can replace. 13600 mAh battery, external power supply support, super clean sound and some others. Even replaceable DAC modules, if you are into that. Drives the DCA Expanse with ease even in eco mode. Big and heavy, yes but that is expected, or?

20230901_143652_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #428 of 463

The secret sauce to the Atrium Dampening System is Farts.

I KNEW IT!!!

Also poor Kevin Nitro Wolf. Being forced to eat that horrible gluten free biscuit. The power has gone to @zach915m head...

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #429 of 463
Sep 1, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #430 of 463
One of the hidden gems of London CanJam, the xDuoo XD05 Pro, for which I clicked on the buy button after the show. It arrived today, and made me glad that I was there to experience it. It is not only a DAC but also an amplifier. It uses a digitally controlled analog volume controller, so analog input is not converted to digital first. It has all kinds of cables in the box, even spare rubber feet, screws and extra opamps, which you can replace. 13600 mAh battery, external power supply support, super clean sound and some others. Even replaceable DAC modules, if you are into that. Drives the DCA Expanse with ease even in eco mode. Big and heavy, yes but that is expected, or?

20230901_143652_HDR.jpg
The clean packaging on that alone is impressive. I can't recall the last time I saw something so well packaged.

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #431 of 463
The clean packaging on that alone is impressive. I can't recall the last time I saw something so well packaged.
First time I am seeing a USB cable that is not one of those cheap standard cables. Thick, rubbery, doesn't get tangled easily. Even those multi thousand dollar DAPs don't come with something like that - which is actually ridiculous.

20230901_194417_HDR.jpg

Sep 2, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #435 of 463
CanJam London was an absolute blast both in and out of the show.
Here's my highlights!

I think Hedd are on to a winner here, i have the original Hedd's as my daily use headphone, weight hasn't bothered me but from multiple reviews it has put off a lot of listeners without them getting a chance to really appreciate the Hedd's. Another complaint was the 'Crinkle' when moving your head, well after a year of daily use, it really is a Non- Problem unless your a headbanger.

I tried the new Hedds at CanJam too and though it was just too noisy in the hall to get the full benefits that new design of the housing/magnets brings to the musical performance; they did sound wonderful. Given that they are much lighter, the headband is much more user friendly (accepting a wider type of 'Noggin' as stated by Mr GoldenSound) and they look fantastic in the all black, I think Hedd have a real winner on their hands which will allow more people to experience and enjoy the sonic benefits of AMT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back