CanJam London 2023 Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #33 of 463
Wishing all the HEDDphone 2 impressions the best this weekend from Canada!

FB736091-0652-4B37-88C9-648C78E6FDA6.jpeg

Looking forward to hearing what you all think!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 19, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #42 of 463
Some impressions while still hot.

Revelations of the day:
The new hedd. Now half the dimensions, packed with a so nice tuning and finesse and clarity, with a unique timbre... Really congratulations to the hedd team!
Then the Yamaha yh5000se... Another wow. The layering, the tuning, the presentation were superb. Imo just a bit of honkyness, like a low mid accentuation that was immediately evident. You can call it a coloration if you wish, but it was such a perfect headphones that this coloration surprised me.
And then the unexpected wireless: the unity. This is a new breed, to be intended as a whole system, streamer included. It connects to wifi and uses your services directly, so no crappy Bluetooth. And the sound was clean and powerful. Don't forget to try it as I was doing thinking it's just a wireless headphones. Sadly it's no cheap either...

A special thanks to DCS stuff that was really fun and joyful.

Ofc a lot of other great headphones, but probably already known so I won't repeat.

Attachments

• IMG20230819144529.jpg
    IMG20230819144529.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 19, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #43 of 463
Some impressions while still hot.

Revelations of the day:
The new hedd. Now half the dimensions, packed with a so nice tuning and finesse and clarity, with a unique timbre... Really congratulations to the hedd team!
Then the Yamaha yh5000se... Another wow. The layering, the tuning, the presentation were superb. Imo just a bit of honkyness, like a low mid accentuation that was immediately evident. You can call it a coloration if you wish, but it was such a perfect headphones that this coloration surprised me.
And then the unexpected wireless: the unity. This is a new breed, to be intended as a whole system, streamer included. It connects to wifi and uses your services directly, so no crappy Bluetooth. And the sound was clean and powerful. Don't forget to try it as I was doing thinking it's just a wireless headphones. Sadly it's no cheap either...

A special thanks to DCS stuff that was really fun and joyful.

Ofc a lot of other great headphones, but probably already known so I won't repeat.
You’ve just described my plan for tomorrow and so validated it.

Aug 19, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #44 of 463
1 hour 30 minutes left of Day 1!

If you're only here for today, don't miss the dCS Listening lounge experience...find us in Plaza Suite 11.

Had a wonderful but short session here with AUDEZE and Abyss headphones. Looking forward to coming back tomorrow for more!

Aug 19, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #45 of 463
What an awesome day! Thanks for organising it! Everyone was super friendly and the staff at the booths very helpful! I get to try pretty much everything I planned.
I have to highlight the dCS and the ZMF rooms. They both were the most welcoming. dCS had 5 listening stations with two flagship headphones at each stack. ZMF filled a whole room with headphones and amplifiers. Definitely more than 50 pair of headphones, maybe even 100. :)
It was a lot to take in, so give me a couple of days to come up with a longer impression post with some pictures. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back