CanJam NYC 2022 (February 26-27, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #601 of 619
Well. It is 12:30 am and I am hungry again. It's New York City, it is 27 degrees outside. I need to find me a slice of pizza. Gotta do it in the City that never sleeps.

Feb 26, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #602 of 619
I have a question as a newbie who's attending for the first time this year.
If I'm bringing my own headphones to test amps etc. and A/B-ing against other cans, is it weird to walk around with their large cases (the LCD-5s for example)? Or is there a place to temporarily store them, and how are our fellow veterans dealing with taking their favorite headphones with them?

Thx! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Feb 26, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #603 of 619
I have a question as a newbie who's attending for the first time this year.
If I'm bringing my own headphones to test amps etc. and A/B-ing against other cans, is it weird to walk around with their large cases (the LCD-5s for example)? Or is there a place to temporarily store them, and how are our fellow veterans dealing with taking their favorite headphones with them?

Thx! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I carry all of my gear in my back pack. I bring down to the show floor as much as my back pack will hold and then swap out other stuff later if I have too much.

People will be bringing their pelican cases with them. You won't be out of place doing it. In fact, you will be the cool guy carrying it.

Feb 26, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #604 of 619
Sorry if this has been answered already, but where precisely I'm the marriot is the event? I arrived earlier today and realized just how big this place is
staff will be checking CanJam attendees' proof of vaccination on the 3rd floor, and issuing bracelets upon completion of the check. CanJam attendees will then proceed to the 6th floor to check in at the CanJam NYC Registration Desk.

I carry all of my gear in my back pack. I bring down to the show floor as much as my back pack will hold and then swap out other stuff later if I have too much.

People will be bringing their pelican cases with them. You won't be out of place doing it. In fact, you will be the cool guy carrying it.
Thanks!

I also modded my HD800S with the HD820 pads (mostly due to comfort reasons, it was a day-long painful process and included the noble sacrifice of a set of third party pads for their mechanisms) so I'll be bringing that with me as well and hopefully compare with an unmodded pair, as the third party mechanism fits extremely tight and can tear the faceplate right off, and I cannot a/b them as swapping them takes more than 10 minutes at a time.

Hopefully my backpack has room for both lol :grin:

Feb 26, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #605 of 619
Got my slices. 1:15 am. Went to Carve Sandwiches which is on 47th St and 8th Ave. It's my go to when I stay at the Marriott Marquis. Glad to see it made it. It was packed tonight. Feels like NYC is heading back to normal. Nothing in the world like eating NY Pizza after midnight while listening to Maroon 5.

pizza.jpg

Feb 26, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #606 of 619
Got my slices. 1:15 am. Went to Carve Sandwiches which is on 47th St and 8th Ave. It's my go to when I stay at the Marriott Marquis. Glad to see it made it. It was packed tonight. Feels like NYC is heading back to normal. Nothing in the world like eating NY Pizza after midnight while listening to Maroon 5.

pizza.jpg
Tommorow night you gatta try Joe's, their pizza was legendary! The question tho is what Maroon 5 Song or Album was on your playlist tonight haha

I'll drop some teaser shots from my evening as well! Most impressive for me was the Mytek Empire with the Utopia, but equally as seductive was the Border Patrol DAC with our HeadAmp GS-X Mini. I swear putting a well designed tube DAC behind our lil Class A power house always seems to just elevate it that much more, it was really quite difficult for me to step away and stop listening tonight!! Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts tommorow on both!!!!

U1A0LFH.jpeg

QyDu44s.jpeg

Feb 26, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #607 of 619
Chilling on NJ Transit heading to Penn Station. Listening to Marta Sanchez's new release SAAM. Absolutely fantastic.
Will be at CanJam by 9am to pickup my badge and t-shirt. Manning the registration desk from 2 to 6 this afternoon.
If you need a break from all that auditioning stop by and say hello. Hopefully I will be able to stream the NY Rangers game on my iPad

Feb 26, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #609 of 619
Tommorow night you gatta try Joe's, their pizza was legendary! The question tho is what Maroon 5 Song or Album was on your playlist tonight haha
I had my Maroon 5 playlist on. It starts with Sugar, then Girls Like You, then What Lover's do....

I'll have to try Joe's. I'll admit that I've never been there.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #610 of 619
Abyss will be in the Woo Audio quiet room. Stop by for a listen to some tube goodness.
dCS will also have Abyss and a basket of Bartoks in their quiet room to listen to, top shelf solid state for sure.
We’ll miss you guys this show, see you next time, enjoy the music!😃

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Feb 26, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #611 of 619
Doo doo doo.... on subway ride to can jam!

Got here early, breakfast level 8.

Feb 26, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #612 of 619
here now. see you all gears :wink:

Abyss will be in the Woo Audio quiet room. Stop by for a listen to some tube goodness.
dCS will also have Abyss and a basket of Bartoks in their quiet room to listen to, top shelf solid state for sure.
We’ll miss you guys this show, see you next time, enjoy the music!😃
this makes me smile. :) definitely worth my time auditioning...

Feb 26, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #614 of 619
On my way.. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back