CanJam NYC 2024 (March 9-10, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #602 of 726
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #603 of 726
My wife and I are flying into Newark tomorrow to spend a couple days with her relatives in Joisey, before heading up to NYC on Friday. I just packed my carry-on suitcase with: my speaker amp, Questyle DAC, Susvara and DCA E3, headphone cables, XLR and RCA interconnects, power cords, and a bunch of bubble wrap. Total weight is right at 40 lbs. and the depth of the bag is about 2" over the standard limit of 9". So much for "traveling light"... LOL. Wish me luck getting through security and past the gate personnel!!! I'm already running through worst-case scenario possible recovery actions... :beyersmile: Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting up with others for the first time.

carryon.jpg

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #604 of 726
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #605 of 726
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #607 of 726
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #608 of 726
My wife and I are flying into Newark tomorrow to spend a couple days with her relatives in Joisey, before heading up to NYC on Friday. I just packed my carry-on suitcase with: my speaker amp, Questyle DAC, Susvara and DCA E3, headphone cables, XLR and RCA interconnects, power cords, and a bunch of bubble wrap. Total weight is right at 40 lbs. and the depth of the bag is about 2" over the standard limit of 9". So much for "traveling light"... LOL. Wish me luck getting through security and past the gate personnel!!! I'm already running through worst-case scenario possible recovery actions... :beyersmile: Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting up with others for the first time.

carryon.jpg

Respect!

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #609 of 726

Nice! Then just a short train ride on NJ Transit rail to Penn Station from Newark. The walk is only a few blocks from there to Times Square.
Wah? speaker amp? Lemme guess, for the Tungsten?

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #610 of 726
Nice! Then just a short train ride on NJ Transit rail to Penn Station from Newark. The walk is only a few blocks from there to Times Square.
PATH to WTC, then at the Oculus transfer to the 1 to Times Square

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #611 of 726
We generally don't plan them out in public, we've got Discord and WhatsApp chats for stuff like that.
Ah, my bad. I haven't been invited to any of those historically, so I'm in the dark. No worries, sorry if I publicized something I shouldn't have.

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #612 of 726
Ah, my bad. I haven't been invited to any of those historically, so I'm in the dark. No worries, sorry if I publicized something I shouldn't have.

Oh, no worries at all, just mentioning that you won't find public mentions. :smile: Just PM @HiFiHawaii808 to get linked up with private discussions. :thumbsup:

Mar 5, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #613 of 726
I'm ready. Got plenty of adapters to try some amps and updated my DAP's playlists.
20240305_210156.jpg

I'm bringing the DCA Aeon 2 Noire since it is light and packs tight. It is an interesting planar that although has a low impedance, it seems to need a good amount of power to make it shine. Now just need to gear up for the weather since the wife and I plan to also see some NYC sights. Friday night thru Sat afternoon looks good but Sat night to Sunday morning is looking soggy. The rainy weather here has been relentless.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #614 of 726
Is the NJ Transit rail easy to get to from Newark airport? Was thinking of doing that if I can (I'm staying at Marriott) instead of ubering or cabbing it.

Mar 5, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #615 of 726
This Canjam is not gonna be easy on someone who loves headphones and IEMs and can’t decide on one…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back