CanJam NYC 2024 (March 9-10, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #646 of 726
Hi All,
May I ask when is the next Canjam since I would love to bring my new Muxicbox box set for you to try out and give some feedback. I need another 2 months to have completed it ready for the public. Thanks!

IMG_7830.jpeg
Singapore. April 6-7.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #647 of 726
Hello guys,

This will be my first Canjam and I’m just wondering what are some general tips for a first timer?

I’m likely gonna only be there for Saturday and I also luckily need to attend the HE-1 listening session that afternoon, so my time is kinda limited, whereas I have never listened to most of the gears on exhibit, meaning there’s a LOT I wanna try. Specifically, my focus will be to
1. Try most hiend headphones, especially planars and estats
2. Try my HD800 on totl amps and especially tube amps
3. Try a few DAPS, but I’m not interested in getting new IEMs so that’s a big blessing to my time management.

questions:
1. what kind of audio source do most exhibitors provide? My guess is Roon-Tidal/Qobuz mostly. But is CD still a thing there? Cuz I’m using a CD player as my source and it’d be best to compare show items under similar conditions. If so I’ll bring some CDs with me.
2. Just how noisy is it in the venue? I heard it could significantly affect your listening experience.
3. Is it better to come early or stay late? (Best scenario is ofc both
4. Feel free to add!

Thank you guys and can’t wait to see you on Saturday!

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #648 of 726
1. what kind of audio source do most exhibitors provide? My guess is Roon-Tidal/Qobuz mostly. But is CD still a thing there? Cuz I’m using a CD player as my source and it’d be best to compare show items under similar conditions. If so I’ll bring some CDs with me.
Qobuz, some will have a limited selection of local digital music but it sucks. Best to bring your own DAP or portable CD player, plus any cables to hook up. HE1 is Tidal, I believe. When you're walking up with the others in your group, decide what order you're going to listen in. When it's your turn, you have like 5 minutes. Make sure you know what you're going to listen to ahead of time.
2. Just how noisy is it in the venue? I heard it could significantly affect your listening experience.
These guys get rowdy when they see headphones.
3. Is it better to come early or stay late? (Best scenario is ofc both
From the few times I've been, late Saturday and early Sunday are quiet. There are also lulls during the day, usually around lunchtime.
4. Feel free to add!
I do a quick listen to everything, then go back and spend more time if I had a good initial impression of something. If someone is waiting on something, I'll usually cut my listening a little short so every one has a chance to hear the stuff.

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #649 of 726
If so I’ll bring some CDs with me.

bring a cable with dual XLR or dual RCA that connects to your player on the other end, so you can connect directly to exhibitor amps

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #650 of 726
Qobuz, some will have a limited selection of local digital music but it sucks. Best to bring your own DAP or portable CD player, plus any cables to hook up. HE1 is Tidal, I believe. When you're walking up with the others in your group, decide what order you're going to listen in. When it's your turn, you have like 5 minutes. Make sure you know what you're going to listen to ahead of time.

These guys get rowdy when they see headphones.

From the few times I've been, late Saturday and early Sunday are quiet. There are also lulls during the day, usually around lunchtime.

I do a quick listen to everything, then go back and spend more time if I had a good initial impression of something. If someone is waiting on something, I'll usually cut my listening a little short so every one has a chance to hear the stuff.
That all sounds very helpful! I’ll try to stay late then. Thanks.

bring a cable with dual XLR or dual RCA that connects to your player on the other end, so you can connect directly to exhibitor amps
I’m using a playback designs MPS5 which is prob too heavy for me to carry around… but will bring my DAP just in case.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #651 of 726
I’m using a playback designs MPS5 which is prob too heavy for me to carry around… but will bring my DAP just in case.

DAP with your own music downloaded onto it is the ideal setup. Get a 4.4 to dual-XLR and 3.5 to dual-RCA cables, and you’ll be able to plug into any amp at the show.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #652 of 726
Guys,
I want to congratule you for this preview video :clap::clap::clap::clap: Well done!!
I loved this moe conversational apprach you took compared to previous CanJam Preview videos. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to watch more made on this type of format.
Salud!

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #653 of 726
What's up, friends! Only 2 more sleeps. 😳 I previously posted about our swag bags and giveaways, but we've been getting asked what we're bringing for demoing, so here's the (almost complete) list! We'll be bringing new stock to sell for a lot of this as well.
  • Noble Audio's (the wonderful Moulton family sadly won't be there, so we're exhibiting on their behalf) full lineup including
    • FoKus Triumph
    • FoKus Prestige
    • Onyx
  • Fir Audio's full lineup (and the legend himself @bogdan belonozhko will be with us!) including:
    • Electron 10
    • Electron 12
    • Radon 6
  • Campfire Audio's full lineup including:
    • Fathom
    • Black Star
    • all 4 Trifecta variants
  • Astell&Kern's full lineup including:
    • SP3000
    • SE300
    • KANN Ultra
  • Burson Audio Soloist Voyager, Conductor 3X GT, Copper Mothership, and Soloist 3XP
  • Eletech Ode to Laura, Sonnet of Adam, Purgatorio, and Inferno
  • Meze Audio Liric II, Empyrean II, Elite, and 109 PRO Primal
  • Thieaudio Monarch MKIII, Monarch MKII, Oracle MKII, and Hype 4
  • Vision Ears VE10, Phonix, and EXT
  • dCS Lina System
  • Moondrop Blessing 3, Dark Saber, Beautiful World, Variations, and Kato
  • Kinera Celest Plutus Beast, Verdandi, and Loki
  • 64 Audio Volur, Nio, U12t, and U4s
  • iBasso DX260, PB5, D16, and DC-Elite
  • HiFiMAN Susvara, Arya Organic, Svanar Wireless, Prelude, and Serenade
  • Sennheiser HD 800 S, Accentum Plus, and Momentum 4 TWS
  • Questyle CMA18, M15, and NHB12
  • Final ZE8000 MK2 and D700
  • All kinds of SpinFit eartips and DDHiFi adapters
  • Misc other products from our brand partners
See you all soon! ✌️

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #654 of 726
What's up, friends! Only 2 more sleeps. 😳 I previously posted about our swag bags and giveaways, but we've been getting asked what we're bringing for demoing, so here's the (almost complete) list! We'll be bringing new stock to sell for a lot of this as well.
  • Noble Audio's (the wonderful Moulton family sadly won't be there, so we're exhibiting on their behalf) full lineup including
    • FoKus Triumph
    • FoKus Prestige
    • Onyx
  • Fir Audio's full lineup (and the legend himself @bogdan belonozhko will be with us!) including:
    • Electron 10
    • Electron 12
    • Radon 6
  • Campfire Audio's full lineup including:
    • Fathom
    • Black Star
    • all 4 Trifecta variants
  • Astell&Kern's full lineup including:
    • SP3000
    • SE300
    • KANN Ultra
  • Burson Audio Soloist Voyager, Conductor 3X GT, Copper Mothership, and Soloist 3XP
  • Eletech Ode to Laura, Sonnet of Adam, Purgatorio, and Inferno
  • Meze Audio Liric II, Empyrean II, Elite, and 109 PRO Primal
  • Thieaudio Monarch MKIII, Monarch MKII, Oracle MKII, and Hype 4
  • Vision Ears VE10, Phonix, and EXT
  • dCS Lina System
  • Moondrop Blessing 3, Dark Saber, Beautiful World, Variations, and Kato
  • Kinera Celest Plutus Beast, Verdandi, and Loki
  • 64 Audio Volur, Nio, U12t, and U4s
  • iBasso DX260, PB5, D16, and DC-Elite
  • HiFiMAN Susvara, Arya Organic, Svanar Wireless, Prelude, and Serenade
  • Sennheiser HD 800 S, Accentum Plus, and Momentum 4 TWS
  • Questyle CMA18, M15, and NHB12
  • Final ZE8000 MK2 and D700
  • All kinds of SpinFit eartips and DDHiFi adapters
  • Misc other products from our brand partners
See you all soon! ✌️
So many things I wanna try....... @Andrew DiMarcangelo do you sell upgrade seats to your table? I keep getting emails from Alaska to upgrade my seat to NYC... :laughing:

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #655 of 726
Is anyone at the Marriott now?

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #656 of 726
Is the NJ Transit rail easy to get to from Newark airport? Was thinking of doing that if I can (I'm staying at Marriott) instead of ubering or cabbing it.
Yep, there are a few ways to do this... You can take the airtrain from the airport to Newark Penn Station (not to be confused with NYC Penn Station), where you will find many trains going many places...you can take one to NYC Penn Station which is not far from Times Square. Or, to save a few bucks (and perhaps easier?), you can catch the PATH train from Newark to WTC and then take the 1 train from WTC (in the Oculus, the same place you disembark PATH) directly to Times Square.

Most exhibitors will have Tidal, a few will have offline selections downloaded to choose from. I suggest having your preferred demo tracks downloaded to your device so that you can connect whenever possible and not have to worry about which service is available or how wifi connectivity is. Times Square is a densely populated place and CanJam is a crowded event, sometimes wifi can get difficult.

It's noisy. Best you can hope for is that you'll get a quiet moment in one of the side rooms to listen to DCS, ZMF, or DCA. On the main floor, best you can get is a vague impression. Conversation with like-minded enthusiasts and brand representatives is the real reason to go.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #657 of 726
Anyone planning on stopping by Audio46 tomorrow?

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #658 of 726
And CanJam NYC 2024 is officially Christened.

Image_20240307_182217.jpeg

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #660 of 726
I'm arriving at LGA a little after 1pm tomorrow. If anyone wants to split a ride to the Marriott, send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back