CanJam NYC 2024 (March 9-10, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #661 of 726
Yep, there are a few ways to do this... You can take the airtrain from the airport to Newark Penn Station (not to be confused with NYC Penn Station), where you will find many trains going many places...you can take one to NYC Penn Station which is not far from Times Square. Or, to save a few bucks (and perhaps easier?), you can catch the PATH train from Newark to WTC and then take the 1 train from WTC (in the Oculus, the same place you disembark PATH) directly to Times Square.
Thanks everyone. One of those I'm sure will work out. Can't wait for Saturday morning!

And CanJam NYC 2024 is officially Christened.

Image_20240307_182217.jpeg
Pizza and Kurogaki. 🧘‍♂️

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #662 of 726
Anyone know what floor of the Mariott the Canjam will be on?

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #663 of 726
4 I think? There will be signs, it will be very obvious.

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #664 of 726
I "think" it's 6th Floor, Broadway Ballroom. Seminars on 4th, Ziegfeld room. But someone official can confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 7, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #665 of 726
Mar 7, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #666 of 726
I "think" it's 6th Floor, Broadway Ballroom. Seminars on 5th, "West Side Ballroom." But someone official can confirm.
This is correct. Exhibitors on 6th floor, seminars on 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Mar 7, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #668 of 726
This is correct. Exhibitors on 6th floor, seminars on 4th.
Wow! This is gonna be massive! :) Really looking forward to hearing Jason Stodards talk from Schiit audio!

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #670 of 726
Wow! This is gonna be massive! :) Really looking forward to hearing Jason Stodards talk from Schiit audio!
When is Jason's talk? I don't see it on the seminar list

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #671 of 726
When is Jason's talk? I don't see it on the seminar list
Going Beyond "One Number to Rule Them” - Measurements in Perspective
2:00p to 3:00p

Schiit Audio's history with measurements includes being called “lazy, incompetent engineers,” buying not one but 11 audio analyzers, and then designing both spectacularly measuring gear and stuff that’s “downright scary bad.” Are we crazy? Or is it possible that a single, reductive number just can’t reflect actual listening levels, transient response, or the distortion of transducers. So how do we measure more, measure better, actually measure effectively, and then make that something meaningful to give us genuine perspectives on how things sound? Let’s find some answers.
SPEAKER: Jason Stoddard, Founder, Schiit Audio

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #672 of 726

Schiit Audio's history with measurements includes being called “lazy, incompetent engineers,” buying not one but 11 audio analyzers, and then designing both spectacularly measuring gear and stuff that’s “downright scary bad.” Are we crazy? Or is it possible that a single, reductive number just can’t reflect actual listening levels, transient response, or the distortion of transducers. So how do we measure more, measure better, actually measure effectively, and then make that something meaningful to give us genuine perspectives on how things sound? Let’s find some answers.
Thanks! I was looking at the list on post #4, there was an updated one posted #401.

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #673 of 726
Mar 7, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #675 of 726

Unfortunately in Jason's Blog thread here, he wrote he's no longer coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back