CanJam @ RMAF 2011: Show Highlights (part 2 of 2) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 015
Dec 12, 2011 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42
 ​
NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) took place on October 14, 15 and 16, 2011, and in this episode of Head-Fi TV, we take a look at some more of the show highlights (part 2 of 2).

This episode is brought to you by EarphoneSolutions.com
 ​

​

Products mentioned in the video:  

1. Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitor custom-fit IEM (in-ear monitor)
  2. Westone ES5 custom-fit IEM
  3. Unique Melody Merlin custom-fit IEM
  4. Phonak Audéo PFE232 universal-fit IEM
  5. Westone 4 universal-fit IEM
  6. Westone 4R universal-fit IEM
  7. Lavry Engineering LavryBlack DA11 DAC (digital-to-analog converter)
  8. CEntrance DACport portable 24/96 USB DAC with built-in headphone amp
  9. CEntrance DACport LX portable 24/96 USB DAC
  10. CEntrance DACmini CX 24/192 DAC with built-in headphone amp
  11. CEntrance DACmini PX 24/192 DAC with built-in headphone amp and loudspeaker amp
  12. Schiit Audio Bifrost 24/192 DAC
  13. Apex Hi-Fi Audio Butte headphone amplifier
  14. Ray Samuels Audio DarkStar fully-balanced headphone amplifier
  15. Eddie Current Balancing Act fully-balanced tube headphone amplifier
  16. Woo Audio WA234 fully-balanced dual-monoblock tube headphone amplifier
  17. SPL Phonitor headphone amplifier
  18. Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire hybrid (tube/solid state) headphone amplifier
  19. Sennheiser HD 800 full-size, around-the-ear, open headphone
  20. beyerdynamic Tesla T 1 full-size, around-the-ear, semi-open headphone
  21. beyerdynamic Tesla T 5 p full-size, around-the-ear, closed headphone
  22. beyerdynamic Tesla T 70 full-size, around-the-ear, closed headphone

Head-Fi TV Episode 015 produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 42
You just HAD to tease us with the Shure SRH1840s right at the end there, didn't you?

I'd also make a complaint about the lack of promised Tokyo Headphone Show coverage, but I think given the amount of content in this episode you can be forgiven. Now if someone would like to give me a couple of hundred thousand to spend, I have some shopping to do...

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 42

Quote:
You just HAD to tease us with the Shure SRH1840s right at the end there, didn't you?

I'd also make a complaint about the lack of promised Tokyo Headphone Show coverage, but I think given the amount of content in this episode you can be forgiven. Now if someone would like to give me a couple of hundred thousand to spend, I have some shopping to do...

Seriously.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 42

Quote:
You just HAD to tease us with the Shure SRH1840s right at the end there, didn't you?...

Who, me?  
wink.gif

...I'd also make a complaint about the lack of promised Tokyo Headphone Show coverage, but I think given the amount of content in this episode you can be forgiven. Now if someone would like to give me a couple of hundred thousand to spend, I have some shopping to do...

Tokyo coverage was initially planned to be included in this episode, but, as you can see, at over 18 minutes long, this episode ran too long to include Tokyo.

Don't worry, though, as Tokyo's up next. It was far too important an event and trip to not do an episode on, so we're definitely doing it. I've learned one lesson, though: do not say in the video what exactly is coming up in a specific episode--put it in the thread where it can be edited or updated.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 42
I honestly cannot wait to see what Shure has pulled out of the bag with the SRH1840s. Definitely something to look forward to when they are released :D

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 42
That Apex amp looks kind of cool (Maybe coz it's one of the only things I can afford).

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #10 of 42
Hello Jude,

Did you ever review the LCD-2 and the Phonitor together?

-Thanks

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #13 of 42

Quote:
Yes, but a quick Google search revealed many places have them for about $1500.

Maybe they have changed but Sennheiser used to protect the retail price and would drop a dealer from being able to sell them if they were sold for less than the retail price.  I know that was when they first came out but I hadn't heard anything had change.  Let's hope you can now discuss the price.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #15 of 42
And then the Liquid Fire sold out the next day. 

It's next on my plate. :D

Surprised there was absolutely no Electrostat coverage...I think some people will be frustrated by that, but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to Tokyo...and the word on those Shures, you troll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back