CanJam RMAF 2017 (October 6-8, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #138 of 230
Hmm...will be on vacation for 2 weeks starting this weekend...will be closer to Denver than I would be from home, but still a full days drive. Thinking hard about going now. How is parking around the area?

It's not downtown or anything, there are parking lots and the hotel offers valet, I don't think parking is an issue unless you cannot walk very far from where you park.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #140 of 230
I wish Grado would go!!
You can borrow Grado headphones (as well as many others) from The Cable Company loaner library which is located in New Hope PA any time for 5% of their retail cost which is credited to you for any purchase from them, and also accumulates everytime you borrow, plus shipping cost which wouldn't be much for you since you're located in PA. You just can't use your credit to borrow again...only for a purchase. I've borrowed many TOTL headphones from them to hear in home on my own system. You can't go wrong if you're looking to hear a headphone you're possibly interested in purchasing.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #141 of 230
You can borrow Grado headphones (as well as many others) from The Cable Company loaner library which is located in New Hope PA any time for 5% of their retail cost which is credited to you for any purchase from them, and also accumulates everytime you borrow, plus shipping cost which wouldn't be much for you since you're located in PA. You just can't use your credit to borrow again...only for a purchase. I've borrowed many TOTL headphones from them to hear in home on my own system. You can't go wrong if you're looking to hear a headphone you're possibly interested in purchasing.
lol I appreciate the thought, but for me that would be a counter intuitive. At that rate I'll just get Mark to talk to our Grado rep and send me a loaner pair. Thanks for making my gears turn! i'll talk with him soon about it! :):)

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #142 of 230
I wish Grado would go!! :frowning2:. Listening to the HE1 again would make me happy though :)
Moon Audio will probably have some high end grado's at the show, if you just want to listen and touch.

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #145 of 230
When in the Head-fi's video for rmaf 2017 coming out?

The Head-fi leprechaun(s) are working on it as we speak, would be nice if it was done this weekend because I'll be bored waiting for Thursday and my flight to Denver to come.

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #146 of 230
The Head-fi leprechaun(s) are working on it as we speak, would be nice if it was done this weekend because I'll be bored waiting for Thursday and my flight to Denver to come.

I imagine they are working on equalizing the sound with their new fancy equalizer! :)

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #147 of 230
Hey everybody.

In addition to exhibiting with MrSpeakers in the main Can Jam hall, we're hosting a quiet ear-gear exhibit with HiFiMan, MrSpeakers, Exit Level Audio, and WyWires in room 551 Front Range (above Can Jam).

We'll have ear-gear systems ranging from $20K-$40K.

Probably some of you that attended AXPONA'17 visited our quiet ear-gear exhibit in the Clark room.

For those of you that didn't, our room received some awards:

"Best Sound" (cost no object) from The Absolute Sound.

"Best Innersound at the Show" from Part-Time Audiophile.

There have been a few component upgrades since AXPONA17.

The Exit Level Audio Annapurna 20B headphone/pre amplifier has additional shielding and a new grounding schema that makes it even quieter.

20B Front WHITE.jpg

For those of you unfamiliar with the Annapurna 20B amp, it is a 70 pound monster that sounds even better than it looks. The power supply uses a silicon carbide rectifier, choke input, and has no electrolytic capacitors. The signal path has only one stage: the Emission Labs 20B DHT tubes. At the input there are amorphous core Lundahl input transformers and the output also uses Lundahl transformers. The volume attenuator is Teramoto amorphous core autoformer (TVR) and all the signal path wiring is cotton covered UniCrystal OCC silver.

We're going to have the best headphones by HiFiMan and MrSpeakers, but any manufacturers of high-end headphones are invited to bring their flagship headphones by to audition on the Annapurna amp. This Annapurna amp is a prototype, but for next year's RMAF we're planning on another quiet room with three production versions of the Annapurna amps ranging in price from about $10K to $25K. Point being, we're looking for more high-end headphone manufacturers to exhibit with at next year's RMAF, and we'd love to get to know you :ksc75smile:

All the source components will be Mojo Audio Mystique v3 DACs just like at AXPONA'17, but we'll be showing the production version of our Deja Vu music server at RMAF for the first time (we used prototype servers at AXPONA'17). Aside from several performance advantages, our new Deja Vu music server has a chassis that matches our Mystique v3 DAC both dimensionally and aesthetically.

Cables will be a mixture of WyWires, Mojo Audio, and Exit Level Audio.

We'll have a couple more Exit Level Audio prototype amplifiers: the same electrostatic and solid-state amps we had at AXPONA'17.

And of course one of the best systems in our room will be the MrSpeakers electrostatic headphones :L3000:

Friday during show hours we're giving special consideration auditions to the press.

And both Friday and Saturday nights we're going to have after-hours "party" auditions that will run until the guys from the Santa Fe Audio Society that are hosting the party for us get tired or until the single-malt scotch runs out (anyone is welcome) :ksc75smile:

Sep 30, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #148 of 230

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

Focal, MrSpeakers, Audeze, ZMF Headphones, beyerdynamic, 64 Audio, NAD, and PSB will all reveal new headphones at CanJam @ RMAF 2017, happening October 6-8, 2017 in Denver, Colorado. There will be more new products -- headphones, amps, DACs, even equalizers and the first Musical Signal Processor -- shown for the first time at CanJam @ RMAF than any CanJam previously, and that's why the is the longest single CanJam Preview Video we've ever made.

The 2017 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest takes place October 6th through October 8th, 2017, at the Denver Marriott Tech Center Hotel in Denver.

CanJam @ RMAF 2017 Preview Video - Head-Fi TV - produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

Sep 30, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #149 of 230

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

Focal, MrSpeakers, Audeze, ZMF Headphones, beyerdynamic, 64 Audio, NAD, and PSB will all reveal new headphones at CanJam @ RMAF 2017, happening October 6-8, 2017 in Denver, Colorado. There will be more new products -- headphones, amps, DACs, even equalizers and the first Musical Signal Processor -- shown for the first time at CanJam @ RMAF than any CanJam previously, and that's why the is the longest single CanJam Preview Video we've ever made.

The 2017 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest takes place October 6th through October 8th, 2017, at the Denver Marriott Tech Center Hotel in Denver.

CanJam @ RMAF 2017 Preview Video - Head-Fi TV - produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

Can you tell us whether the Focal Clear are open or closed? Looks open to me and you said they fit between the Elear and the Utopia, but I'd be very curious about a TOTL closed Focal headphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back