CanJam Singapore 2023 Impressions Thread (March 25-26, 2023)
Apr 13, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #316 of 334
Sometimes, you get synergies from unlikely bed fellows.

The Empire Ears Odin, although a classic to many, has turned one or two audiophiles away due to its prominent upper mids and a present lower treble.

However, despite all despites, it is a classic and will surely have more staying power than the FOTM flagships that appear on the scene suddenly and disappear as quickly.

The Chord Hugo 2 is also a classic and has the most ardent fan boys (and girls). But some do occasionally say they find it "bright" or "analytical."

However, synergies, much like chemistry between two people, can germinate from unexpected places.

unnamed.jpg

The synergy between the Odin and the Hugo 2 is just masterful, despite how they may sound individually.

The transparency of the experience is jaw-dropping, particularly on well-recorded tracks. The IEMs disappear, as does the chain, and the immersiveness of the experience is second to none I have heard (and I have heard them all, almost, grateful to report).

There are no treble or upper mid peaks, or harshness.

Bass is authoritative, deep, and commandeering. The bass quality makes me glad I sold the Legend EVOs.

Meanwhile, midrange and treble epitomize transparency.

While the resolution, clarity, spaciousness, and the sheer corporeality of images have to be heard to be appreciated.

In love with this pairing, suffices to say. Highly recommend for those that are not faint of heart to treble.
Did you manage to hook up the odins with the mass kobo 475, didnt think that a portable amp would do anything but some how it made the odin even more effortless and clean.

Apr 14, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #318 of 334
I did, using my WM1ZM2. Loved the chain. The 475 is formidable and I hope to get it in for a review. Fingers crossed.

I do hope MASS-Kobo get the recognition they deserve in larger audiophile circles, outside of Japan and Asia.
Based on his tweets seems like he got a lot of queries from shops in England, America and Holland on his products. He got a lot of orders from England for all the different amps. Furthermore he got around 21 orders for the 475 from Singapore and Korea alone(I am one of them I guess haha). He also had a order for the 465 from Hong Kong with the customer requesting for a paint job of the amp. Glad that Masuda san is receiving booming business from Canjam Singapore 🥰

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #319 of 334
The Hyla project A IEM was what impressed me most this show but since it is not final hardware I don't think it is fair to comment on beta hardware.
Any update or release date on new Hyla? :)

Apr 25, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #321 of 334
SAVE THE DATES: CanJam Singapore 2024 will be held on April 6-7, 2024 at the Pan Pacific Singapore. The hotel renovations will be fully completed by then, and the renderings look beautiful!
LOL - Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have left. Guess the most hardcore members are in line already. Yes, I'm looking at you @SteveK27!

drftr

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #322 of 334
LOL - Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have left. Guess the most hardcore members are in line already. Yes, I'm looking at you @SteveK27!

drftr
I plan on attending.

Apr 25, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #324 of 334
I plan to have filled up the whole darn rabbit hole with concrete and put tulips on top.

Let's see how it pans out :xf_cool:

But you probably know the answer before I do...

drftr
Come back next year. We need to go out for midnight Satay.

Apr 25, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #325 of 334
Come back next year. We need to go out for midnight Satay.
Your adventures during CanJam Singapore 2023 make me want to join Singapore next year so badly..... :grimacing:

Apr 25, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #326 of 334
Your adventures during CanJam Singapore 2023 make me want to join Singapore next year so badly..... :grimacing:
Come out. You can fly non stop from SFO.

Apr 25, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #327 of 334
Apr 25, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #328 of 334
@Zachik please swing by the North Bay and pick me up on your way!
Sure! You're not a huge guy - hopefully, you're flexible and can fit in my 22" luggage :laughing:

Apr 25, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #329 of 334

Users who are viewing this thread

Back