Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #466 of 2,728
I noticed in your video that you never have the head band sliding adjustments pulled out, when I pull mine out they have some looseness and make some noise when flexed, sounds like the same issue as BuddhaBruce.

I'm noticing the same thing, if the headband is not pushed in all the way, there is a bit of looseness if you gimbal around the earcups. I wish it didn't do that, but it doesn't make noise when on your head. If the headband is pushed in all the way the noise goes way down or away altogether. Having said that, it doesn't affect the function/SQ at all. The HP is silent on my head and I can tilt my neck up/down w/o slippage. I probably wouldn't run with these, but they're great for travel or office - which is why I got them...

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #467 of 2,728
I'm noticing the same thing, if the headband is not pushed in all the way, there is a bit of looseness if you gimbal around the earcups. I wish it didn't do that, but it doesn't make noise when on your head. If the headband is pushed in all the way the noise goes way down or away altogether. Having said that, it doesn't affect the function/SQ at all. The HP is silent on my head and I can tilt my neck up/down w/o slippage. I probably wouldn't run with these, but they're great for travel or office - which is why I got them...
I don't have any noise or slippage problems when wearing them either, loving the sound of these to much to worry about it.

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #468 of 2,728

Just every time I put the cascade on id rotate the cups or move them about and I hear and feel the clanking. Just not something I want for the price I paid. I'm gonna send mine back to get them checked out as my case seems worse than others have noted. One reason I returned my Elears, constant squeaking when I rotated the cups - not something I wanted in a $700 headphone

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #469 of 2,728
I have that same issue with Sony's MDR 7520 and NAD VP Visos. Both creak when I move my head. Both are nice headphones thought and I kind of got used to it. The Sony MDR Z1R and the Sony Z7's are creak-free, so I know a creak-free headphone can be done.

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #470 of 2,728
I have that same issue with Sony's MDR 7520 and NAD VP Visos. Both creak when I move my head. Both are nice headphones thought and I kind of got used to it. The Sony MDR Z1R and the Sony Z7's are creak-free, so I know a creak-free headphone can be done.

Lol my Z1R has creaks on the left sometimes. I don't think it's any cause for concern though.

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #471 of 2,728
I've spent a fair bit of time with both the Andro and Vega, and in my opinion the Cascade is far more similar to the Vega in terms of general tuning than the Andro. Both the Cascade and the Vega share a fuller and meatier sound than the Andromeda, and a far more present bass. The Cascade shares some of the Vega's dynamics, whereas the Andromeda is more of a classical BA sound.

Both are exceptional IEMs so either would be a good choice, but if you are looking to thin the herd, then the Cascade and Vega are essentially shooting at the same sort of target sonically, even though Rhett done sound exactly the same. Hope that helps?

That is super helpful, thanks! Yeah, I've pretty much decided I will have some combo of these four in my life, and was looking to, as you said, thin the herd. I realize they won't sound exactly the same due to one being larger and one being smaller, etc. But if they're shooting at a similar sound signature, then yeah. Given that, it does sound like I've got two combo choices to pick from: Andromeda + Cascade or Aeon Flow Closed + Vega. Which seems like a slightly easier choice to make. So thanks a bunch for your feedback (and everyone else's!)

I know another poster suggested going to meets, but there aren't many near me, with the nearest city that would host them regularly being Chicago. And signing up for the review tour, I'm not comfortable doing that because I don't feel I'd be able to provide a useful review. That said, it does sound like Alo's return policy is very user-friendly, so trying a few things out could work.

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #473 of 2,728
That is super helpful, thanks! Yeah, I've pretty much decided I will have some combo of these four in my life, and was looking to, as you said, thin the herd. I realize they won't sound exactly the same due to one being larger and one being smaller, etc. But if they're shooting at a similar sound signature, then yeah. Given that, it does sound like I've got two combo choices to pick from: Andromeda + Cascade or Aeon Flow Closed + Vega. Which seems like a slightly easier choice to make. So thanks a bunch for your feedback (and everyone else's!)

I know another poster suggested going to meets, but there aren't many near me, with the nearest city that would host them regularly being Chicago. And signing up for the review tour, I'm not comfortable doing that because I don't feel I'd be able to provide a useful review. That said, it does sound like Alo's return policy is very user-friendly, so trying a few things out could work.
You have an enviable dilema on your hands, good luck choosing :beerchug:

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #474 of 2,728
I have that same issue with Sony's MDR 7520 and NAD VP Visos. Both creak when I move my head.
I had the same problem with all of my headphones until i discovered it was me that was creaking. Damn aging.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #475 of 2,728
I had the same problem with all of my headphones until i discovered it was me that was creaking. Damn aging.

Little did we know that Rice Krispies were preparing us for later in life when we put the Snap, Crackle, and Pop into our mornings just by getting out of bed.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #476 of 2,728
I'm thinking of getting the Cascade. I know I said no more headphones but everyone says these are fun. I need fun. I like fun.

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #477 of 2,728
I noticed in your video that you never have the head band sliding adjustments pulled out, when I pull mine out they have some looseness and make some noise when flexed, sounds like the same issue as BuddhaBruce.

I actually have to slide them to put on head and took them to a huge head gear shop in Hiroshima last week and they were very quiet and manageable. I am sure folks are getting what they say they are but I am not.

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #478 of 2,728
Didn't all the scientists in the world conclude that pure beryllium is the way to go back a blue moon ago?

From what i see this is beryllium coated?

"We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"

839.gif

Mar 2, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #479 of 2,728
You have an enviable dilema on your hands, good luck choosing :beerchug:

Yeah, it isn't an easy decision. I need to do some research on the Andromeda size wise -- I know that the K10 was too large for me, as was the iSine 20. Buuuuut that's another discussion for another thread.

I think my desire to try the Cascade is what's pushing me. This thread is really selling me on them.

Mar 2, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #480 of 2,728
So quick question to the owners of the Cascade, so is it truly worth getting the upgrade cable? Does it do a massive difference? I know upgrading the cable on my new Primacy made a big difference but damn, that upgradr cable for the Cascade is very nice but I could buy myself a Massdrop plus or a Isine 10 with that money....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back