Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Oct 9, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #1,966 of 2,737
I've went through have phases of listening to each pad, different filters on and off, etc... the Cascade has quite the replay value.

Oct 12, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #1,967 of 2,737
I cast my Cascades aside, disappointed after a fairly brief exposure. The XL pads though have made a big difference, and now I have found their perfect match with a Sony ZX-507 DAP. Played via Direct Source through the 4.4mm output they're wonderful, easy to to tote around. Only drawback is the crazy microphonics of my Moon Audio cable - any recommendations for a good 4.4mm cable for portable use, i.e. without forcing me to sit still to avoid microphonics, would be welcome!

Oct 12, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #1,968 of 2,737
I cast my Cascades aside, disappointed after a fairly brief exposure. The XL pads though have made a big difference, and now I have found their perfect match with a Sony ZX-507 DAP. Played via Direct Source through the 4.4mm output they're wonderful, easy to to tote around. Only drawback is the crazy microphonics of my Moon Audio cable - any recommendations for a good 4.4mm cable for portable use, i.e. without forcing me to sit still to avoid microphonics, would be welcome!
The stock cable is pretty gross too, I'm making my own for balanced and single-ended.

Oct 12, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #1,969 of 2,737
I started listening to my Cascades again last night on my WM1A and realized that the SXC 9 balanced cable was holding it back. So I ordered the DHC Molecule Elite 4-wire silver today for more details and smoothness.

Oct 14, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #1,970 of 2,737
So I've had my cascades for a couple of months now and I'm loving them, up until now I've left them as stock and not used any of the filters yet but I've just bought the cloth pads to tame the bass for certain genres of music and was wondering if anyone has done a detailed comparison of all the filters yet as the info provided by campfire appears to be different from what alot of people are saying about the effects of the filters online.

I'm basically looking for what filter configuration would provide the strongest bass for use with the stock pads and which would provide the most neutral/open sound with the cloth ones

Oct 25, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #1,971 of 2,737
Two years late, but finally grabbed a cascade! Super glad to finally check something out that's been on my bucket list for ages.

Will be pairing with my Mojo and Paw S1.

Oct 26, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #1,972 of 2,737
Crazy question - does anyone here use their Cascades at the gym?

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #1,973 of 2,737
What do you do at the gym? Any activity that would make you sweat - I would say do NOT use the Cascades!
At least I wouldn't...

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #1,974 of 2,737
What do you do at the gym? Any activity that would make you sweat - I would say do NOT use the Cascades!
At least I wouldn't...

Haha fair enough, it was more of an out of curiosity question than anything.

That's what the Solaris and my customs are for!

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #1,975 of 2,737
Sweat-issues aside, aren't you afraid that you'll knock them off or scratch the headphones while you're in the gym?

I'm no gym rat, but for any physical activity (e.g. jogging), I'll just use IEMs.

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #1,976 of 2,737
@malev
Sweat-issues aside, aren't you afraid that you'll knock them off or scratch the headphones while you're in the gym?

I'm no gym rat, but for any physical activity (e.g. jogging), I'll just use IEMs.

Exactly why I decided against it!

Does anyone here have the XL and cloth pads they don't need anymore that they would like to sell me? Checking before I go retail.

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,977 of 2,737
I just want to chime in. When I first got my 2020 Cascade's in Aug, I found them pleasing but the mid bass was a bit bloated. I decided to keep them for burn in, and WOW. Never have a used a headphone that responded so well to burn in. They are much more balanced and have just a completely inviting sound signature. They get you moving. These have more head time now than my Focal Clears. The Clears sound amazing, but the Cascades just have the most perfect signature for me, and block out the noise of the house when I am working. I use them for listening to music, for monitoring, for gaming, and for movies, and am stunned how good they are for everything. I think these are my favs out of anything I have tried thus far. I used to own the Vegas, and find the Cascades have a much more refined, spacious and balanced signature.

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #1,978 of 2,737
I just want to chime in. When I first got my 2020 Cascade's in Aug, I found them pleasing but the mid bass was a bit bloated. I decided to keep them for burn in, and WOW. Never have a used a headphone that responded so well to burn in. They are much more balanced and have just a completely inviting sound signature. They get you moving. These have more head time now than my Focal Clears. The Clears sound amazing, but the Cascades just have the most perfect signature for me, and block out the noise of the house when I am working. I use them for listening to music, for monitoring, for gaming, and for movies, and am stunned how good they are for everything. I think these are my favs out of anything I have tried thus far. I used to own the Vegas, and find the Cascades have a much more refined, spacious and balanced signature.

That exactly chimes with my experience. I found the bass too much and abandoned them after a while, came back for their convenience and in time they really came on song - and I started with the Vegas too. Just waiting for a new 4.4mm cable from lavricables...

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #1,979 of 2,737
That exactly chimes with my experience. I found the bass too much and abandoned them after a while, came back for their convenience and in time they really came on song - and I started with the Vegas too. Just waiting for a new 4.4mm cable from lavricables...
Nice! I am using the 4.4 Litz form Campfire with my M11, for portable. And SE with my IFI Micro iDSD. Both are stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back