Caster Semenya, boohoo!
Sep 18, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #17 of 19
I think there's some confusion in this thread. It has been proven that caster has both male and female organs, but no ovaries. I think a ban is needed but I definitely have sympathy for her.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruffle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How could Caster not know? No monthly periods or any visible breasts or any visible female curves or facial characteristics. And you can find videos of interview with Caster. Not even a little semblance of a woman in his voice, completely male sounding, has a lower voice than I do...

I won't address your other points because you seem to have your mind made up completely. Your tone seems to have some unwarranted anger and aggression, so I don't want a debate. I will address the above quoted point though.

Many women who partake in a rigorous/strenuous exercise regimen and have low bodyfat levels do not menstruate. Having no visible breasts is not abnormal in a woman with low bodyfat since breasts are mostly fat tissue. Having been involved with an amateur competitive female bodybuilder, and having female friends involved high level athletics - this is very common.

Sexuality goes far beyond the simplistic notion of women = curves and man = rough.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #19 of 19
This thread is already a bit of a car crash, so possibly this isn't the right place to make the point, but I think it must be said that if Caster identifies as female, then it's not really on to refer to her as 'he'. Regardless of the level of hermaphroditism, regardless of rules governing international sport, if somebody identifies as one gender, then it's pretty crass to refer to them as another.

I think it can be also fairly safely stated that if 'blame' must be apportioned for the situation, then it lies very firmly at the door of South African sport and the IAAF, not the individual athlete in question.

Oh, and something clever and witty about not feeding the troll...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back