Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #2,912 of 2,935
Hi all, anyone know how to “hard restart” the unit? Mine suddenly died when using and wont turn on. When i plug the charger, the volume lights turned on but no response.

I have responded to loupil's PM already, but for the benefit of other N30LE, I shall repeat our discussion here.

Hard Reset through Android System Recover:
  1. When the DAP is powered off, PRESS and HOLD the POWER button and the NEXT button simultaneously.
  2. Release both buttons when the Cayin logo appears on the screen.
  3. When the text “No command” appears on the screen,
  4. PRESS and HOLD the POWER button, then PRESS the PLAY/PAUSE button once.
  5. Release the POWER button when the main menu of the Android System Recovery screen appears.
  6. Select Reboot System Now in the Recovery screen. You can scroll the VOLUME dial to navigate, and PRESS the POWER button to select the option.
If the N30LE cannot resume properly, repeat the process and perform the Double Wipe Procedure.

Last but not least, your battery reading might not be inaccurate, I suggest you perform a battery calibration after your DAP resumes operation. You can check out my previous explanation and instructions HERE.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #2,913 of 2,935
Have there been any software updates for the N30LE yet? Haven't seen anything come up for my unit.
Any news on whether we are getting any closer to the DAP being certified by Roon?

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #2,914 of 2,935
I have had an odd thing happen. I took out my sd card and now my N30 only recognizes my local files and not the external storage....the sd folder has disappeared. Any help in terms of getting it back. I just utilized the card to copy some files to my Mac. Thanks in advance. Tom

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #2,915 of 2,935
Hard reboot solved the problem btw...I have sd file recognition again.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #2,916 of 2,935
No...sadly the folder isn't showing up. These are album cover captures that must have been stored to my library, however, the music won't play. I can see the tracks, timing and everything on the content from the SD card, but I can't get them to play. Only the local ones.....

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #2,918 of 2,935
No...sadly the folder isn't showing up. These are album cover captures that must have been stored to my library, however, the music won't play. I can see the tracks, timing and everything on the content from the SD card, but I can't get them to play. Only the local ones.....
I don't know if this can help, but I would try a hard reset (from the boot menu).

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #2,919 of 2,935
is that the case with only one sd card?
No, I have tried 2 other cards. I have rebooted. It only gives me the internal storage. It's like I lost the ability for it to read the external drive over multiple SD cards. I am doubting myself that I even know how to insert the micro SD card the right way, but I think I got that down.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #2,920 of 2,935
The Course of Vacuum Tubes in Cayin Portable Personal Audio, and a Glimpse to the Future

This article is an English rewritten of a Weibo update from Thomas Liang, CEO of Cayin Audio. He has had some very interesting discussions regarding the positioning and implementation of our vacuum tube DAPs with fellow Cayin users on our Wechat User Groups. To facilitate further discussion, he decided to document the milestones on how and when Cayin has developed our Vacuum Tube products on portable Personal Audio applications over the years. I find the article very useful as I have also been actively interacting with a lot of "headfiers" and we quoted previous Cayin products repeatedly during our exchanges. So I rewrote the article and made it available to all friends and users of Cayin Audio.

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

1712842640431.jpeg

Image courtesy of a dedicated Cayin user from our Wechat User Group.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #2,921 of 2,935
The Course of Vacuum Tubes in Cayin Portable Personal Audio, and a Glimpse to the Future

This article is an English rewritten of a Weibo update from Thomas Liang, CEO of Cayin Audio. He has had some very interesting discussions regarding the positioning and implementation of our vacuum tube DAPs with fellow Cayin users on our Wechat User Groups. To facilitate further discussion, he decided to document the milestones on how and when Cayin has developed our Vacuum Tube products on portable Personal Audio applications over the years. I find the article very useful as I have also been actively interacting with a lot of "headfiers" and we quoted previous Cayin products repeatedly during our exchanges. So I rewrote the article and made it available to all friends and users of Cayin Audio.

1712842640431.jpeg
Thank you @Andykong ! This is great!

Apr 12, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #2,922 of 2,935

1712842640431.jpeg
Thank you for this useful article 👍

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #2,924 of 2,935
Hi all. Want to check my sanity here; I see references to an N30LE, and N30BLE, and an N30LE Amber Pearl special edition. I understand the latter, but I'm confused on the N30LE vs N30BLE. Can someone explain?

There's only two N30LE models:
  • N30LE (300 units worldwide)
  • N30LE Amber Pearl (99 units with/without UM Amber Pearl IEM)
"N30BLE" is an owner or forum member mistyping their model.

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #2,925 of 2,935
There's only two N30LE models:
  • N30LE (300 units worldwide)
  • N30LE Amber Pearl (99 units with/without UM Amber Pearl IEM)
"N30BLE" is an owner or forum member mistyping their model.

Maybe N30BLE refers to re-Biased version of N30LE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back