Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Oct 5, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #1,306 of 2,518
I think most N3Pro owners who read this thread are being kind of gentle with it :grimacing: One thing to avoid is probably those "big movements at once", like going from 50 to 100 as quickly as you can or something (like mechanically, you can do that with the touch screen as well).

To be honest if there is a flaw, not matter how careful we are after few months, a year, it will give way.. i just hope it's wobbly by design..

Oct 5, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #1,309 of 2,518
I still want to know if the n3pro supports replaygain or crossfeed, surely one of the owners out there can tell me (i cannot logon on to the Cayin site as my browser rejects it).

It's all part of HibyMusic/HibyOS and supported. Sorry for a quick picture, looks a bit blurry, but here are all the Music setting options:

1601898157795.png
1601898209215.png

Oct 5, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #1,310 of 2,518
To be honest if there is a flaw, not matter how careful we are after few months, a year, it will give way.. i just hope it's wobbly by design..

I guess you can call it "by design". It is a similar wheel/mechanism as in N6ii, not supper tight, and a bit wobbly so you can easily turn the volume knob with a thumb. It is also similar to volume wheels in A&K DAPs.

Oct 5, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #1,313 of 2,518
It can. N6II is fully Android DAP, so you can install whatever you want on it.
Thanks

so so far no tube dap with direct streaming right ?

Oct 5, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #1,315 of 2,518
Thanks

so so far no tube dap with direct streaming right ?

DX220 has amp9 with NuTube, but it is underpowered and with high level of hissing, thus you don't hear as much about it. Imho, Tubes implementation works better when it is a part of standalone amp (like upcoming C9) or when it is part of an integrated design rather than add-on module.

Oct 5, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #1,316 of 2,518
Thank you, i cannot see anything about crossfeed though?

d

Are you referring to crossfeed as in here? I'm not aware of any non-Android daps that can do that, unless someone else can point out to one. With Android DAPs, you can run apps that support it, like Neutron.

Oct 5, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #1,317 of 2,518
Oct 5, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #1,318 of 2,518
I still want to know if the n3pro supports replaygain or crossfeed, surely one of the owners out there can tell me (i cannot logon on to the Cayin site as my browser rejects it).
Replaygain yes. Crossfeed (no) or crossfade (yes)?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 5, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #1,319 of 2,518
I guess you can call it "by design". It is a similar wheel/mechanism as in N6ii, not supper tight, and a bit wobbly so you can easily turn the volume knob with a thumb. It is also similar to volume wheels in A&K DAPs.

I also reminds me of n6ii, you don't want it too tight otherwise it's going to also have extra wear on the mechanism. It doesn't feel loose or cheap to me, you want to talk about loose wheel mechs than you guys should feel hidiz ap80 mechanism :wink:

Anyways I know Cayin is a good company and I got mine from musicteck and I know I'm covered if anything goes wonky with Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back