Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Sep 9, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #7,156 of 8,211
Would be nice to see an N8ii Titanium :)…oooohhhh!!! Too much to dream for
The Titanium version and regular version sound the same, no?

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #7,159 of 8,211
No, but Andy said all the electronics and the sound were exactly the same. Only difference was aluminum vs. Ti in the case (which is mostly glass actually).

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #7,160 of 8,211
No, but Andy said all the electronics and the sound were exactly the same. Only difference was aluminum vs. Ti in the case (which is mostly glass actually).
I think Andy said the chassis were different and every components are the same. I don’t recall him saying that it sounds the same ? Or did he

I think Cayin is fairly conservative when come to sonic different of the same DAP with different chassis material. Unlike other brands, we didn't use sonic improvement as selling point to promote our new product release, we focus on variation of color, finishing, and look n feel to meet different preference. We treat it as a facelift version, which is fairly common in automobile industry.

Technically speaking, the biggest advantage of titanium chassis over regular aluminium version is better anti-interference, this should translate into darker background and slightly better low level detail, and smoother HF presentation. The different might or might not be audible, depends on your earphone/headphone, choice of music and background environment. I don't have the N6ii-Ti with me, so I couldn't try it in person, but I highly doubt this will be obvious enough to detect if you are performing ABA comparison. These actually are in sync. with Zeppelin description in general, didn't all sales are supposed to highlight the different?

This is the first chassis variation of N6ii, given the volume and duration of N6ii, we not very hard working. From marketing point of view, we should have offer more variations at different period of time, even fast fool chains do that with their seasonal menu, why shouldn't we? :ksc75smile: :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #7,163 of 8,211
I am eagerly awaiting the hiby rs6, as unfortunately there is no line out on R01 for my kse1200. By the way, has anybody paired the kse1200 with the R01 module, it is noisy or does the double amping cause issues, asking this since kse1200 is too sensitive, so much so that with most of the daps I have tried on it, the LO is always on low gain, otherwise the kse energizer starts distorting.

I have been a big N6ii fan, have owned and tried all the dacamp modules barring the R01, and had to sell it to make way for RS6 in the future, but if someone can tell me if it pairs well with the kse1200, I'll gladly pick it up again!! 😁😁

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #7,164 of 8,211
I am eagerly awaiting the hiby rs6, as unfortunately there is no line out on R01 for my kse1200. By the way, has anybody paired the kse1200 with the R01 module, it is noisy or does the double amping cause issues, asking this since kse1200 is too sensitive, so much so that with most of the daps I have tried on it, the LO is always on low gain, otherwise the kse energizer starts distorting.

I have been a big N6ii fan, have owned and tried all the dacamp modules barring the R01, and had to sell it to make way for RS6 in the future, but if someone can tell me if it pairs well with the kse1200, I'll gladly pick it up again!! 😁😁

KSE1200 distorts even with LO 2V in some cases, since i discovered this issue i only use it with double amping (3,5 to 3,5 without lineout) and i have better results, i can control the volume level to prevent distortion without any issue and i discovered great matches in the Cayin N8, Hugo 2, SP1000cu and AK240SS…
I can try with the R01, but i’m in the last part of his burn in, so in the near future i’ll try it ✌️

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #7,166 of 8,211
KSE1200 distorts even with LO 2V in some cases, since i discovered this issue i only use it with double amping (3,5 to 3,5 without lineout) and i have better results, i can control the volume level to prevent distortion without any issue and i discovered great matches in the Cayin N8, Hugo 2, SP1000cu and AK240SS…
I can try with the R01, but i’m in the last part of his burn in, so in the near future i’ll try it ✌️
Thanks you so much bro @orifiel, I'll wait for your impressions. Also, pmed you, please do reply.

Regards,
Vishy

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #7,167 of 8,211

There is a story between Cayin DAP Line Out and KSE1200, you can check it out HERE.

All LO of current Cayin DAPs and Audio Motherboards are configurable and we recommend you to use 1.0V with KSE1200. This should let the KSE1200 to perform at it best dynamic range.

@Visveswaran Umashankar have you tried N6ii + A02 with KSE1200? Someone is selling his A02 at HeadGear, this could be a cost-effective option to you KSE1200.

@orifiel have you compare Low Line Out Setting (in Music Setting Menu) to 3.5mm phone out at low volume setting when you use N8 as source to your KSE1200? Maybe this can work for you without double amping?

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 13, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #7,168 of 8,211
There is a story between Cayin DAP Line Out and KSE1200, you can check it out HERE.

All LO of current Cayin DAPs and Audio Motherboards are configurable and we recommend you to use 1.0V with KSE1200. This should let the KSE1200 to perform at it best dynamic range.

@Visveswaran Umashankar have you tried N6ii + A02 with KSE1200? Someone is selling his A02 at HeadGear, this could be a cost-effective option to you KSE1200.

@orifiel have you compare Low Line Out Setting (in Music Setting Menu) to 3.5mm phone out at low volume setting when you use N8 as source to your KSE1200? Maybe this can work for you without double amping?

No, i didn’t try this option 🤔
And i didn’t know that i can configure my Cayin DAPs in 1V line out, i’ll search and try…😅

What voltage of line out work the best with C9?

thanks for your suggestions 👍👍

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #7,169 of 8,211

Thanks a lot for your reply Andy. I've already tried A02 with Kse1200. Though I am more interested in knowing of R01 will work with kse1200 or not. I'll read up on what you shared for the LO and let you know in case my query isn't resolved.

Thanks and regards,
Vishy

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #7,170 of 8,211
No, i didn’t try this option 🤔
And i dknow that i can configure my Cayin DAPs in 1V line out, i’ll search and try…😅

What voltage of line out work the best with C9?

thanks for your suggestions 👍👍

If you were to use C9 with N8, use high Line out setting.

If you look at the specification of N6ii Audio Motherboards, you'll find something the Value of different output level of line out setting. In general , HIGH is the de facto line out level (2-2.2V in SE, 4-4.4V in BAL), LOW is 50% of standard line out, and MID is 75%.

The original specification of N8 didn't have this detail because configurable line out was added to the DAP at one of the firmware update.

1631554131947.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back