Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Dec 8, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #46 of 5,547
Oh gosh…. I have the feeling we may be going down the Stainless Steel and Titanium casing route 😂

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #47 of 5,547
There is a good reason to mention 5" OLED screen when I mention dual Nutube implementation. Why would we need a big screen like that in DAP? :wink:

I don’t want it… i need it 😅
please don't make just a limited edition

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #49 of 5,547
Please use IPS instead of OLED - units would have longer lifetime without that unneeded additional costs.

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #50 of 5,547
Dec 9, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #51 of 5,547
Interested! But not sure ... should I sell my left or right kidney to pay for this beauty?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #52 of 5,547
Please use IPS instead of OLED - units would have longer lifetime without that unneeded additional costs.

We don't have a lot of say when selecting a screen. Those who are family with supply chain in 3C industry probably will understand our constraints. The production volume of DAP is a very niche market for screen manufacturers, they'll reserve the main stream product to mobile phone or home appliance companies, we can only select from the surplus stock in their inventory. The situation is not as back as buying MCU but the problem are basically the same.

why was the question about streaming not answered with a straight answer ? Bluetooth no matter how good some companies try to convince us that its good, its not yet close to using wifi streaming
I know I read in between the lines, but he simply could have answered yes it has support for tidal :), it will make alot of us who r in the market for a new dap to wait with confidence as we love cayin products, but no support for wifi streaming is a no go for me, no matter how great a dap sounds

All disclosed information are synchronised with the Home market in China and approved by headquarter office. I don't define what can be told, and what can't be told.

If this is a deal breaker to you and you want to make your decision now, I'll advice you to consider other products that can offer the assurance you needed. I didn't start this thread to create a "holding up" effect, I just couldn't keep track of the questions and PM related to N8ii and want to centralised all questions in one location conveniently. I apology if this cause any inconvenience to your search for next DAP. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 9, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #53 of 5,547
An android powered DAP supports android applications I don't see how it would not support streaming...
Maybe not support MQA for example, or android bypass for all apps but streaming well if it's android then...

Dec 9, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #55 of 5,547
@musicday agreed. YouTube has tested the Switch Oled and no image retention or burn in after weeks of a static image. Nobody actually only has a constant static image on the Switch in real life, much less a DAP that will have display off and sleep timer display saving settings.

With the pandemic affecting costs in the entire manufacturing supply and retail chain, it would though be a surprise for the N8ii just to price match N8 original 😛

Dec 10, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #58 of 5,547
Android. Android is everywhere. The sad reality when all alternatives are close to disappearing...

Dec 10, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #59 of 5,547
android 10-11? bluetooth 5.2? how about using cerakote coating since it TOTL?
Cerakote is ugly (imo). PVD would be neat.

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #60 of 5,547
That was true back in 2006, now OLED is very advanced and better then IPS from all points.
oled-info.com if you want further information.
You can’t bypass some physics laws - those OLED pixel will burn out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back