Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Oct 7, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #4,816 of 5,547
I think n8ii lives up to it's hype and the rs8 is the new kid on the block which has a lot of things going for it on paper except perhaps the measurements but I a/b/c/d/e the n8ii dx320(my own) sp3000 LP6 and rs8 and I couldn't get over the rs8 sound. with the n8ii having a really preference tuning and playability that the others I feel lack(tubes being a big part of that) so that's why I said those are your two big ones imo. If you're looking for a future proof stream ready with r2r NOS capability. That imo sounds better than the LP6 which is more expensive and off line only player with totl sound. I just don't see how it makes sense not to buy the rs8 But that's after my audition of the unit and we can have different tastes or preferences. Maybe if you asked a little more questions on each unit it could help you make up your mind or do some research and come up with a question that could tilt you in favor of one or the other.
Thank you so much. Let’s wait RS8 to be released and decide again. I have to stick with my dx320 x first. My pocket is almost empty haha.

Oct 9, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #4,817 of 5,547
my n8ii small circle ring doesn't light up and change the color when switching sample rates. im streaming from qobuz, i didn't touch anything from setting

According to your description, it seems that you did not turn on the function. It is in the Settings--Display--Advanced--Keep sampling rate indicator light on when powered on

1.jpg
2.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 10, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #4,818 of 5,547
Hi. I’m wondering if anyone can help me. when I restarted the n8ii after a factory reset I got a screen that came up that said: g .co/ABH. It told me to press to power button to carry on and then it worked fine. However, it still comes up after I restart the player. I’m assuming I need to flash the n8ii player but not sure how to do it

Oct 10, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #4,819 of 5,547
Hi. I’m wondering if anyone can help me. when I restarted the n8ii after a factory reset I got a screen that came up that said: g .co/ABH. It told me to press to power button to carry on and then it worked fine. However, it still comes up after I restart the player. I’m assuming I need to flash the n8ii player but not sure how to do it

Go to https://en.cayin.cn/download/7/15/560.html and download 1.4. No worries if you are on 1.5, downgrade is without consequences, and the OTA back to 1.5 will pop up afterwards. Copy the zip onto your N8ii (SD card, internal memory, makes no difference)

Then go to settings/system/system update ... Select the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select local update. Browse to the zip file and select it. That will trigger a local in-place update ...

If the error message persists, perhaps a hard reset to factory defaults potentially could clear the error ...

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #4,820 of 5,547
Go to https://en.cayin.cn/download/7/15/560.html and download 1.4. No worries if you are on 1.5, downgrade is without consequences, and the OTA back to 1.5 will pop up afterwards. Copy the zip onto your N8ii (SD card, internal memory, makes no difference)

Then go to settings/system/system update ... Select the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select local update. Browse to the zip file and select it. That will trigger a local in-place update ...

If the error message persists, perhaps a hard reset to factory defaults potentially could clear the error ...
Thanks. The only problem I have now is that my PC won't open the cayin website. Says its not secure. No option to ignore and carry on

Oct 10, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #4,821 of 5,547
Thanks. The only problem I have now is that my PC won't open the cayin website. Says its not secure. No option to ignore and carry on

Uploaded to Onedrive and link sent via PM

Oct 10, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #4,822 of 5,547
@CayinSupport I just noticed that the firmware update page for the N8ii only contains v1.1EN, v1.3EN and v1.4EN. Would it be possible to also publish v1.5EN?

Cheers W.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #4,823 of 5,547
No joy I’m afraid. 3 full restarts and installed this firmware

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #4,824 of 5,547
No joy I’m afraid. 3 full restarts and installed this firmware
I know this probably is annoying, but I would in this case consider a hard reset :frowning2:

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #4,825 of 5,547
I’ve done 2 of those too. No joy

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #4,826 of 5,547
I will PM you version v1.1EN. Some things have changed due to the introduction of MQA causing the N8ii to behave slightly differently in a number of areas .. Who knows if that helps ...

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #4,827 of 5,547
Thanks mate. Unfortunatly no joy :frowning2:

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #4,828 of 5,547
If all else fails, Steve at NP Audio UK has extensive experience with the N8ii. Not sure if he could be of any help here ... If not, then I'm afraid it's up to @CayinSupport ...

Oct 10, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #4,829 of 5,547

Hi gazzington, could you please take a picture to show me what the screen displayed before you press the power button to carry on? I mean the screen you described
1665452109958.png

Oct 10, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #4,830 of 5,547

Users who are viewing this thread

Back