Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
May 16, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #47 of 2,174
A kind remimder, we are only 2 days away. Several readers/friends have made very close guess, very close indeed . 😉

image-2.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 16, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #49 of 2,174
Fingers crossed the RU7 will have an internal battery like the Colibri. I sold my RU6 cause it was taxing on my phones battery and because I needed a bit more power.

So we don't yet know if it's using an R2R DAC or their new 1-Bit DAC right?
I second this , i sold mine for the same reason ..... but it was that good at it's price range that if a battery version came out I would be interested, at the right price that is ...
If it's mojo2 price / sized ish which I also own I would stick with mojo2...
But there's no getting away from the fact that at its price range ru6 for audio was killer for me .

May 16, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #50 of 2,174
I second this , i sold mine for the same reason ..... but it was that good at it's price range that if a battery version came out I would be interested, at the right price that is ...
If it's mojo2 price / sized ish which I also own I would stick with mojo2...
But there's no getting away from the fact that at its price range ru6 for audio was killer for me .
Late to the RU6 group myself, I just purchased one a few weeks ago. Considering I 'upgraded' from a Samsung phone to a Pixel, which now does not have a 3.5 out, I needed something I could use with it if I wanted streaming through it and not want to take the LPGT Ti. My Pixel 7 Plus already has a large battery but combined with a Mag-compatible case and a wireless charger, endless streaming. I did hear some of the noted crackling but once I bought the ddhifi extended usb-c to usb-c cable, went away. A great little unit with that Cayin added sound.

Excited to see the RU7 and hopefully some leather cases for it :)

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #52 of 2,174
May 16, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #53 of 2,174
Didn't RU6 just come out..? Confusing. (oh, late 2021, it seems) But I think it's great! Not as sharply analytical as Questyle M15, for comparison.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #55 of 2,174
1-bit decoder would be a too bold move at least this year
but a battery makes a lot of sense as RU7 could be seen not
as RU6 replacement but a refined product.

Also 1bit need high audio format, not sure that dongle that
aim for phone and portable are the best devices to provide
required huge storage.

More output power but mostly more resistance levels for R2R.
Something around 192 would be awesome!

@Andykong ?

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #56 of 2,174
Didn't RU6 just come out..? Confusing. (oh, late 2021, it seems) But I think it's great! Not as sharply analytical as Questyle M15, for comparison.
As you can see, it has been out a while, in terms of audiophile accessories, and is still the best imo dongle out there.

May 17, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #58 of 2,174
It only takes a spark to get the fire going....
I sang this song back in the early 80s, when I was studying my first degree in Northern Ireland.
A very powerful song that light up my vision.

But what exactly is the fire of 1-bit? So RU7 is responsible to pass on the 1-bit fire? :sunglasses:

RU7 Countdown 1 Day.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 17, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #59 of 2,174
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back