Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Dec 24, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #1,861 of 2,150
I have to say I don't have any problems. I only use the line out of the ru7 to my amp with usb audio player pro. No pops or crazy things...
I notice that the ru7 sound it's best after 5-10min warmup time.
But it's crazy the sound this dongle produces.... The line out is the best I ever heard from my mobile devices. I don't use it alot as a dongle dac/amp but in the summer is handy to have something small to go outside.

With my amp the analog sound of the ru7 in combination with the amp is really magical!

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #1,863 of 2,150
Anyone tried the Stellia with the RU7 on DSD256? In short: recommended. Really quite special.
RU7 on DSD256 is sublime with Monolith M1060s too 👍🏻.

Many have said that you lose out on soundstage on DSD256 but gain on detail retrieval/clarity. However, as the M1060's already have very good soundstage, and are open back, I don't notice any sacrifice at all. Very special indeed as with your experience with the Stellia @yrstruly

Merry Christmas everyone!🎄 ⛄ 🎁

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #1,864 of 2,150
Have you tried it with laptop?
Good morning. I try it today. And its ok. Notebook can hanlde it much better. But this i expecting. By the way this Symphonium Helios SE play with RU7 amazing. RU7 little bit hot, but wau. With this i can live without problem. Sorry for mess around. Iam in work. End of year with paper work. Ble. Every year same. But this combination little bit improove mod. :L3000:

Have a nice day all.

20231227_085918.jpg

Dec 27, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #1,865 of 2,150
Good morning. I try it today. And its ok. Notebook can hanlde it much better. But this i expecting. By the way this Symphonium Helios SE play with RU7 amazing. RU7 little bit hot, but wau. With this i can live without problem. Sorry for mess around. Iam in work. End of year with paper work. Ble. Every year same. But this combination little bit improove mod. :L3000:

Have a nice day all.

20231227_085918.jpg
Thank you so much for your impression.
Have a nice day to you too

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #1,868 of 2,150
Has anyone Paired the RU7 with the Sony MDR-Z1R? if yes how's the synergy?

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #1,869 of 2,150
Listening with the RU7 powered by my iMac 27" with the new ZMF Bokeh, and I am in awe. :grin: This combo is flat out incredible and I want for nothing when listening.

I highly recommend the RU7 and Bokeh pairing.

Dec 28, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #1,870 of 2,150
Listening with the RU7 powered by my iMac 27" with the new ZMF Bokeh, and I am in awe. :grin: This combo is flat out incredible and I want for nothing when listening.

I highly recommend the RU7 and Bokeh pairing.
I read your signature, maybe you like ZMF? 😃

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #1,871 of 2,150
I read your signature, maybe you like ZMF? 😃
Yep, I am an OG fanboy and proud of it. :grin:

ZMF's sound the most natural/realistic, with mids to die for. I have heard pretty much all the TOTL headphones, and in my opinion ZMF is in a league of their own.

Cayin and ZMF both know good sound, and pair extremely well together.

Dec 29, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #1,872 of 2,150
I have just googled the L&P W4. A dongle with 134db of dynamic range and S/PDIF output is an interesting proposition.

But as I have said RU7 is the perfect DAC for me, because to my ears DSD sounds consistently better any more analog than any other digital format.

My end goal in the audiophile hobby is to get one of these turntables that rip vinyls to DSD. These are up there with native DSD recordings in the summit-fi domain.
Or you could use this device to capture your records in pure DSD via the Line-in + Phono stage: Korg DS-DAC-10R.

Dec 29, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #1,873 of 2,150
Good morning all. Today last working day this year and i try to compare Helios SE with other IEMs at the RU7. Empire ears Odin. This is unfair comparison, i know. 3time higher price. There is big difference in all areas. Bass, highs, detail, soundstage. It goes easily audible. Is it worth it 3 times higher price? I dont know. No easy answere. But RU7 with ODIN is really best combination what i try till now. RU7 has with Odin smooth highs, high detail still there. Soundstage are wide and deep. Deep rumbly bass. Very effective listening. In some records with contrabass you can found difference between Helios SE (BA bass driver) and Odin bass (W9 system). At Helios they are not so under control and string reverberation are missing. I recomend to all try RU7. Its worth it.

Have a nice day all. :wink:

20231229_083425.jpg

Dec 29, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #1,874 of 2,150
I went into a local audio store to check out full sized headphones and listened to the HD800 on an Ayre Codex. It was only through the single-ended connection, and it sounded great but just to see I plugged the 800s into the RU7 connected to my iPhone 13 and it easily held its own against the Codex, also single-ended. I had to max out the volume but it wasn't hollow or tinny, just a little more congested than the Codex, but it had better note weight and resolution. This thing is a little monster.

Dec 29, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #1,875 of 2,150
Good morning all. Today last working day this year and i try to compare Helios SE with other IEMs at the RU7. Empire ears Odin. This is unfair comparison, i know. 3time higher price. There is big difference in all areas. Bass, highs, detail, soundstage. It goes easily audible. Is it worth it 3 times higher price? I dont know. No easy answere. But RU7 with ODIN is really best combination what i try till now. RU7 has with Odin smooth highs, high detail still there. Soundstage are wide and deep. Deep rumbly bass. Very effective listening. In some records with contrabass you can found difference between Helios SE (BA bass driver) and Odin bass (W9 system). At Helios they are not so under control and string reverberation are missing. I recomend to all try RU7. Its worth it.

Have a nice day all. :wink:

20231229_083425.jpg
It sounds crazy but it sounds better if you take the case off, I think it's a heat issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back