Cellphone Video/Audio
Feb 10, 2021 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

efeinblatt

New Head-Fier
The title of this thread covers a lot ....

I am looking to use my cellphone (Galaxy S21) as a one-man-band cinema/audio device. I pretty much have the cinema part nailed with the incredible *mcpro24fps* software, which gives me pretty much absolute control over the camera variables.

Audio is a different story.

First off, I need a usb-c to 3.5mm DAC for listening to music (I'm coming from a LG V30 that has bitten the dust). No need for MQA capabilities - I'm a Qobuz subscriber and I have also have a large FLAC library. Listening devices include: AKG K240DF studio monitors; Shure Aonic 50; Audio-Technica ATH-M50, and a set of Massdrop earbuds whose name I can't remember. I have a fair selection of microphones from Sennheiser shotgun, to Shure condenser, to Sennheiser wireless, but my main usage would be a set of Core Sound Binaural microphones. And I don't even know if this is possible.

So, I need recommendations for an appropriate Hi-Res capable DAC (no need for MQA) that has audio/mic in capabilities to work with my 'normal' mics AND a solution for the binaural mics. I'm using File Recorder and USB Audio Recorder Pro software. Recommendations for ancillary cables would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back