Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
May 20, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #166 of 975

geoffalter11

Thanks for the reply.
Indeed there is a 99% chance that I'd order the Corda Soul AIO soon !! I don't have the kind of TOTL gears that you have. My collection of DACs/AMPs are the RND RNHP amp, the RME ADI-2 Pro FS, the SPL Phonitor 2 and the iFi Zen Stream. Sometimes I just use my A&K SE200 as a stream transport as I have lots of music on the DAP. The 4 cans that I have are the : Senn HD800 default, Sony MDR-Z1R, ATH-ADX5000 and the Yamaha YH-5000SE. I sometimes listen with IEMs too. Three of my fav that I have are : Sony IER-Z1R, EarSonics SEM9, and the 64A u18t. I'm planning to use both the ATH and the Yamaha HPs to listen to the Soul AIO and for me this setup will pretty much my "reference audio state of affairs" to prevail for a long time ..

Cheers
You have an awesome system and gear. I bet your system sounds great.

I love the Zen Stream. I use it as well… hard to argue with those 4 headphones for a stable.

Use Arthur Power at Power Holdings. He is a great guy and understands the Corda Soul as well as anyone. It is such a great device. You will love it! Especially with the HD800 which I believe was one of the headphones used to voice the Soul. The HD 800 is extremely hard to power properly and the transients of the Soul and speed of slew rates gives the HD800 power in all the right places. I can’t see any of your headphones struggling. The only challenge is that it only takes a XLR output. No 1/4” or 3.5mm single ended outputs.

May 21, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #168 of 975
Thanks, I hope that it serves you well :)
I love it. Sounds great and so easy to use. My first foray into streaming and super happy thus far.

May 21, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #169 of 975
Silver fox is very impressive SS amp. I compare to he9 mk2 by AGD. Silver Fox has touch more warmth and definitely more body and weight.
switching from cayin ha300 mk2 to silver fox without loosing weight of sounds is what I was looking for. It so transparent, detailed yet musical.
Very happy silver fox become my SS amp.

May 21, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #170 of 975
Silver fox is very impressive SS amp. I compare to he9 mk2 by AGD. Silver Fox has touch more warmth and definitely more body and weight.
switching from cayin ha300 mk2 to silver fox without loosing weight of sounds is what I was looking for. It so transparent, detailed yet musical.
Very happy silver fox become my SS amp.
Glad you are liking it.

May 21, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #171 of 975
I'm very much interested in both the little silver fox and the big brother, the silver fox. I realize that the little silver fox is a new product and that we are still waiting on reviews.

At this point I'm still doing my due diligence as this purchase wouldn't be happening till September of this year.

So after reading all of the positive reviews I guess my one main question is how does the silver fox(and little silver fox) do in regards to transients? I understand that the amp applies and delivers body and tonal density and weight to the music. These are all qualities I love and value in my gear too. But I want to confirm that these qualities don't come at the expense of the amp being slow. I'd be pairing this amp or the little brother with the Weiss DAC501-MKII. My DAC does a wonderful job of imaging,detail and resolution without coming across at sterile or lifeless. It has the wonderful ability of being able to effectively and effortlessly chew through complex passages of music while also keeping everything is it's proper place. I'd like to make sure that my DACs speed isn't hindered by a slow amp. Not suggesting these amps are slow. I just don't know and I'm asking the question.

I've read all pages in this thread and definitely feel like this could be my soild-state solution as I've now been without one since about 2021 when I sold my Violectric V281.

Interested in thoughts on this specific question from any owners of either amp. Thanks!

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #172 of 975
I'm very much interested in both the little silver fox and the big brother, the silver fox. I realize that the little silver fox is a new product and that we are still waiting on reviews.

At this point I'm still doing my due diligence as this purchase wouldn't be happening till September of this year.

So after reading all of the positive reviews I guess my one main question is how does the silver fox(and little silver fox) do in regards to transients? I understand that the amp applies and delivers body and tonal density and weight to the music. These are all qualities I love and value in my gear too. But I want to confirm that these qualities don't come at the expense of the amp being slow. I'd be pairing this amp or the little brother with the Weiss DAC501-MKII. My DAC does a wonderful job of imaging,detail and resolution without coming across at sterile or lifeless. It has the wonderful ability of being able to effectively and effortlessly chew through complex passages of music and keeping everything is it's proper place. I'd like to make sure that my DACs speed isn't hindered by a slow amp. Not suggesting these amps are slow. I just don't know and asking the question.

I've read all pages in this thread and definitely feel like this could be my soild-state solution as I've now been without one since about 2021 when I sold my Violectric V281.

Interested in thoughts on this specific question from any owners of either amp. Thanks!
I have my Silver Fox being feed by the Chord DAVE. Much like the Weiss DAC501-MKII, the DAVE provides top flight imaging, detail, clarity, resolution, and speed. The Silver Fox in no way hinders the DAVE from doing its thing. I like fast transients as well. If an amp is slow, I immediately dismiss it from consideration. This is not the Silver Fox. The Silver Fox provides very snappy transients due to its speed.

May 21, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #173 of 975
I have my Silver Fox being feed by the Chord DAVE. Much like the Weiss DAC501-MKII, the DAVE provides top flight imaging, detail, clarity, resolution, and speed. The Silver Fox in no way hinders the DAVE from doing its thing. I like fast transients as well. If an amp is slow, I immediately dismiss it from consideration. This is not the Silver Fox. The Silver Fox provides very snappy transients due to its speed.
Thanks for sharing!

I have to say these amps are very interesting to me! I'm definitely not an audio designer but I do love the clean and tidy layout of the internals in a few of the pictures in this thread. It would be interesting to compare layouts and get some more comparisons regarding the new little silver fox to the silver fox. I'm sure as more units are put out in the the wild the impressions will follow.

May 21, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #174 of 975
Thanks for sharing!

I have to say these amps are very interesting to me! I'm definitely not an audio designer but I do love the clean and tidy layout of the internals in a few of the pictures in this thread. It would be interesting to compare layouts and get some more comparisons regarding the new little silver fox to the silver fox. I'm sure as more units are put out in the the wild the impressions will follow.
The Silver Fox is built like a tank. Top notch components are used throughout the internal design and the chassis is as hefty as they come. It’s easily my favorite amp that I’ve had in my possession. TheSilver Fox just makes great music with my DAVE.

I just picked up a set of Empyrean’s and I’ve listening to them out of the Silver Fox/DAVE combo. The power, authority at which the Silver Fox drives them is amazing. I also love the grip and control it has on the drivers not on with the Empyrean’s, but all of my headphones. This amp is all about making music.

May 21, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #175 of 975
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 21, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #176 of 975
May 25, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #180 of 975
Their specs suggest some monstrous power too :)

Not a product for the head-fi crowd, but cool nonetheless :)
you could use them to power the Susvara… haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back