Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Jul 3, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #376 of 969
+1 on the Meze Elite / Silver Fox Synergy. Also for anyone having transformer hum (this is mentioned in the manual) - the iFi DC blocker helps a lot. Thanks Arthur for that suggestion.

FoxElite.jpegiFi.jpeg

Jul 3, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #377 of 969
+1 on the Meze Elite / Silver Fox Synergy. Also for anyone having transformer hum (this is mentioned in the manual) - the iFi DC blocker helps a lot. Thanks Arthur for that suggestion.

FoxElite.jpegiFi.jpeg
The Silver Fox looks great in black.

Jul 4, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #378 of 969
Looking to upgrade from my Burson Soloist 3X GT and debating between Silver Fox & Bliss.
As a Meze Elite user, any more comparisons between any of the 3 of them before I just pull the trigger and throw myself into the Fox here after all these vouches for the Silver Fox?

Jul 4, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #379 of 969
Looking to upgrade from my Burson Soloist 3X GT and debating between Silver Fox & Bliss.
As a Meze Elite user, any more comparisons between any of the 3 of them before I just pull the trigger and throw myself into the Fox here after all these vouches for the Silver Fox?
What does not suit you in the Soloist GT?
What sound are you looking for?

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #380 of 969
What does not suit you in the Soloist GT?
What sound are you looking for?
Nothing in the Soloist GT I would say does not suit me, though the noise floor bothers me a little since I use IEMs on them pretty often. Also due to being situated extremely close to me, the fan does occasionally bother me. Inaudible during audio playback but now I sometimes think it would be nice if it wasn't there. The itch of wanting something new is obviously a huge factor 😂

Jul 4, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #381 of 969
I use to own Burson Soloist 3X GT and I now own the Silver Fox. The 3X GT is a very good amp, but it needs the op-amp upgrades to fully realize its potential. I really liked the wide, spacious soundstage and the resolution of the 3X GT. It did a lot of things right, but the Silver Fox is a bit better in my opinion. The Silver Fox builds on the what the Soloist 3X GT does well and adds a more weighted sound with better note saturation leading to more musicality. Notes are more fleshed out because of the better depth into the sound.

I haven't heard the Bliss, but from the way that amp is being described, I would say the 3X GT has more in common with it than it does the Silver Fox.

Jul 4, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #382 of 969
I use to own Burson Soloist 3X GT and I now own the Silver Fox. The 3X GT is a very good amp, but it needs the op-amp upgrades to fully realize its potential. I really liked the wide, spacious soundstage and the resolution of the 3X GT. It did a lot of things right, but the Silver Fox is a bit better in my opinion. The Silver Fox builds on the what the Soloist 3X GT does well and adds a more weighted sound with better note saturation leading to more musicality. Notes are more fleshed out because of the better depth into the sound.

I haven't heard the Bliss, but from the way that amp is being described, I would say the 3X GT has more in common with it than it does the Silver Fox.
Thanks for this. Exactly the comparison I was looking for and the described sound definitely feels like my kind of preference!

Guess I'll be joining the club soon...

Jul 4, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #383 of 969
Thanks for this. Exactly the comparison I was looking for and the described sound definitely feels like my kind of preference!

Guess I'll be joining the club soon...
Sounds good. I see you have the Qutest. I like the mix of the "Chord" sound with the sound of the Cen.Grand amp. The sound is very complimentary with each other.

Jul 4, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #384 of 969
Sounds good. I see you have the Qutest. I like the mix of the "Chord" sound with the sound of the Cen.Grand amp. The sound is very complimentary with each other.
Yeah the only thing that I can think of is Qutest being an RCA only and I've seen some reports say the XLR is better. Unfortunately no work around unless I change DAC... Perhaps upgrading from the Qutest and getting something with XLR output is another move to consider in the future.

EDIT : Could using RCA to XLR cables be a solution? RCA out of Qutest and XLR into the Silver Fox to bypass the conversion circuit?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #385 of 969
Someone who can give more information about The Silver Foxes energy consumption, not only on paper, but also in reality?

Jul 8, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #386 of 969
Just wanted to leave this below to help.

The guys over at Elise Audio as well as GoldenSound has made a few more comments for the Bliss VS Silver Fox.

Their opinions are in line with each other in terms of sound profile of the two amps. The Bliss is a clean and transparent amp while the Silver Fox is a warm, full, rich amp. I assume that Bliss suits GoldenSound's preferences more than the Silver Fox does from both general sound profile aspect and the bass aspect. The Bliss does good quality, textured sub-bass, while the Silver Fox trades a bit of that quality for more weight and body on the bass, as noted by both parties I am referencing here.

Elise Audio also did a little podcast which talked about the Silver Fox for the first 21 minutes, and then at 39:40 they talk about Bliss VS Silver Fox. Hope these two timestamps help. Their quote is "You can make the Silver Fox sound like the Bliss but you can't make the Bliss sound like the Silver Fox." in reference to the 16 different combinations of impedance settings & modes.

1688827616256.png

1688827622604.png

1688827631473.png

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #387 of 969
Just got some Hifiman Audivina as my closed backs. This amp plays the hell out of them.

Some have described these headphones as slightly V-shaped. Others have said sometimes the mids are forward and other times rearward (not sure how that’s the headphones’ fault).

On this amp, all is perfectly balanced in the Audivina with great detail and layering on all registers.

The instrument spacing, positioning and width and depth are almost as good as my Elites.

The transients are all there with awesome realism. Piano hammers and reverb, breaths and lisps and gums on vocals, plucks and scrapes on guitar strings. Just fantastic.

The Cen.Grand and the Audivinas best my former DCA Stealths. Same level of detail with much more staging and imaging.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #388 of 969
Just wanted to leave this below to help.

The guys over at Elise Audio as well as GoldenSound has made a few more comments for the Bliss VS Silver Fox.

Their opinions are in line with each other in terms of sound profile of the two amps. The Bliss is a clean and transparent amp while the Silver Fox is a warm, full, rich amp. I assume that Bliss suits GoldenSound's preferences more than the Silver Fox does from both general sound profile aspect and the bass aspect. The Bliss does good quality, textured sub-bass, while the Silver Fox trades a bit of that quality for more weight and body on the bass, as noted by both parties I am referencing here.

Elise Audio also did a little podcast which talked about the Silver Fox for the first 21 minutes, and then at 39:40 they talk about Bliss VS Silver Fox. Hope these two timestamps help. Their quote is "You can make the Silver Fox sound like the Bliss but you can't make the Bliss sound like the Silver Fox." in reference to the 16 different combinations of impedance settings & modes.

1688827616256.png
1688827622604.png
1688827631473.png

I really enjoyed that video. It was good to hear some comparisons between the Bliss and Silver Fox. I hope they post some impressions of the Little Silver Fox when they get it.

Jul 9, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #389 of 969
Just got some Hifiman Audivina as my closed backs. This amp plays the hell out of them.

Some have described these headphones as slightly V-shaped. Others have said sometimes the mids are forward and other times rearward (not sure how that’s the headphones’ fault).

On this amp, all is perfectly balanced in the Audivina with great detail and layering on all registers.

The instrument spacing, positioning and width and depth are almost as good as my Elites.

The transients are all there with awesome realism. Piano hammers and reverb, breaths and lisps and gums on vocals, plucks and scrapes on guitar strings. Just fantastic.

The Cen.Grand and the Audivinas best my former DCA Stealths. Same level of detail with much more staging and imaging.
I loved the Audivina’s out of the Silver Fox. If I didn’t have the HE-R10P’s and Stellia’s the Audivina’s would be a part of my collection. They sound incredible on the Silver Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back